body pump

jdale

<center><font size="1" color="#ff0000">LAST EDITED ON Apr-17-00 AT 07:22PM (EST)</font></center>

I've been hearing alot about body pump lately and I was just wondering what it is exactly. Are there any videos that use body pump or is it just a health club thing? And Cathe, do you plan on doing any body pump videos?

Bodypump

I found the bodypump 'kit' in the collage video catalog for $80. I also found it at Wal-Mart for $40. Unfortunately, the bar in my box wouldn't screw into the other part of the bar. I am waiting for Bollinger to send a replacement. This came with a tape and a free pass for a BodyPump class. When I was searching the web, I found a few gyms in my area that gave a free class without a pass.
Jackie

Sam' Club?

<center><font size="1" color="#ff0000">LAST EDITED ON Apr-18-00 AT 04:58PM (EST)</font></center>

They were selling out the Body Pump set, barbell, weight plates(2 of each in increments of 3, 5 & 10) and the video. It also came with a pass for a free class. (which we have none nearby.) They originally were selling at Sam's for $40.00, then down to $20.00 and finally discounted for closeout of $9.91!! I ended up buying a 2nd. one just so I could have two loaded with different weights. Last time I was at our Sam's they were all gone but you might want to call around & see if there are any near you. Hope this helps!

I'm a little confused

So bodypump is a weight workout? How is it different from other strength training? There's only one health club where I live and they don't offer anything like that. I was checking the VF video exhange and I noticed alot of people looking for bodypump videos so I was just curious what it was. Thanks for your replies.

Jacque

Hi Jacque!

Yes, Body Pump is a weight (strength)workout.I'll be honest, I haven't done the tape yet as I have been on the Firm Rotation for the past 11 weeks. I am very anxious to start back to my Cathe tapes and also BodyPump. From comments I have heard, the weight lifting is a bit fast in the video. I watched it one night and it is VERY motivating and the music is great. The workout is done with a weighted barbell. I will try to get back to you in the next couple of weeks after I have tried the video & let you know what I think. Sorry, I could not help you more.

We actually have a link to the Body Pump website from our home page. After you click on links, it is under the category of organizations/certifications. They can go into greater detail about who they are and what they are all about. But to answer your questions briefly, Body Pump is weight workout that is choreographed to music and focuses specifically on the use of their barbell. It was originally offered in health clubs but now it is also offered on video tape for the home viewer. The home viewer tapes are a bit easier than the Body Pump workouts offered in a health club. Since Body Pump is a licensed program, no, I cannot make Body Pump videos. Hope this answered your questions.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.