body fat composition

skigirl

Hi Cathe! I've just ordered your full DVD collection (even though I've been doing some of your video's for a year now, and LOVE what they have done for me....they have broken me out of my plateau...finally!

My question is dietary related,however. I've noticed the great changes in your physique as your tapes have progressed...and was wondering what your dietary habits are..I'm trying to eat as clean as possible but with two children (8&11), working part time (M,W,F) teaching Karate(T,TH) and trying to have a social life in beween sometimes it's just too much work! How do you do it with your BUSY schedule? I'm 40 years old, 5'2", 116 lbs, and probably 20% body fat (down from 25%). I would love to get to 18%! Any tips, hints, and shortcuts you could give would be greatly appreciated especially handling the "social" aspect of going out to dinner, parties etc.

Cathe,

I would also love to know the answer to this question. I am having such a hard time losing my last 10 lbs.

Lori

Kathy,
It's "skigirl" again! I forgot to ask (if it's not too peronal) what your height, weight and bodyfat comp are....so that I'll have a realastic view of what I can acheive. I know your younger but I'll try to keep it in perspective. My work out are a mixture of your tapes and The Firm's and look something like this: M = UB & 40 min. cardio
T= 60 min cardio
W = Legs & 40 min cardio
TH - 60 min cardio (plus an hour long Karate class)
F = UB & 40 min. cardio
S = 60 min. cardio
Sun. = YOGA
ABS are done every day. Thanks again for your advice, and please keep up the GREAT work, you are a godsend!!

Skigirl
Boston

hi skigirl,

what are the best FIRM tapes? i am having a difficult time losing the last 10 lbs myself. did u change ur eating habits? if so, could u share with ur daily diet? i have been in a plateau for months! how do u fight the cravings? too many Qs i know. it's just that im desperate! lol!

hippychick

Hi hippychick!
Would love to help you. First off, I have to say that I have ALL the Firm tapes and most of Cathe's as well. What I like to do is alternate between them so that my body never gets used to one thing. If you're just starting then I would suggest getting the classics Vol 1-6 (#1,#2#3 being PRIORITY!) these are a mixutre of aerobic and weights (start with 3,5,8 &10's). Please do not be afraid of weights, they are what broke me out of my plateau. You see it takes twice as much enery for the body to maintain live muscle than it does to maintain "dead" fat. Aerobics alone will burn off stores fat, but will not build muscle....you need to do both.

As far as my diet consists of: I have been a lifelong member of Weight Watchers...this is the ONLY plan that has ever worked for me, however I also follow the bodybuilding "philosophy" of having some protein at every meal. This really helps with my energy level and sugar cravings (although I am not immune during my menses!) A typical day looks like this: 6 am work out, 7:30 am 1/2 c scrambled egg whites with onion and red pepper, one slice of whole wheat toast, 1 c coffee (milk, 2sugars). 10:30 3/4 c Kashi Go Lean ceral (great for protein and fiber!)dry,1:30 either a salad with 1/2 c low fat cottage cheese or 4oz tuna w/2tsp diet mayo, on a lite eng muffin and a small side salad, and 1 c red grapes (great antioxidant benefits) 3:30pm a small apple (4-6oz), 5:30 I have dinner which has been selected from one of my many Weight Watchers cookbook (I plan my weeks menu on Sunday), and around 7:30/8:00 I may have another 3/4 c of Kashi or 1/2 a protein bar. That's about it.

Back to the working out....if you would like I will send all three of my rotations, each getting progressively harder every 12 weeks by mail. You can send me your address to my e-mail: [email protected]. We can also "chat" further. Sorry so long, there is just SO MUCH to tell you!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.