Black Bracelet

alsrnbsn

Cathlete
Cathe-
I apologize if this has been asked in the past, but is there any significance to the black bracelet you wear during the workouts? For some reason, I got the thought that it was to help with cueing, but maybe not.
I had another quick question, too. Do you or anyone have any suggestions for when you are lying on the step for upper body? I am taller than the average female (5' 9") and when doing upper body work on the step, I have a difficult time preventing my low back from arching. I have tried to prop my feet up on something, lowering the step, but nothing has helped (too tall to put heels on the step). Also noticed that if I lower the step, that I have a hard time doing tricep dips effectively).

Thanks!

Not Cathe, but the black band is to help with cueing. I can only imagine how teaching us to do something from the left and it is her right is difficult:) If I recall right, a previous board said she wears it now because she has gotten used to wearing it. Perhaps it is for luck:)(Not that she needs it). I am 5' 8" so I can relate to doing the upper body work on the step. I might lower my weight a little and lift my legs straight up in the air when possible. I will warn you, though, putting your legs straight up gives you the illusion of a heavier weight plus it works your core to some degree. It doesn't work for all the moves, but a good majority of them. Have you tried a regular bench? This may be an option for you in the future.

I am sure Cathe will have some answers for you as well;)

This might sound funny, but sometimes when I am doing the upper body work, I lay on my coffee table!! It is obviously longer then the step and I can put my feet up on it with no problem.
Of course I give it a good cleaning afterward, but it works for me LOL!!!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

New pics added in July 25 2006 and Fitness album!!!!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/154/.png[/img] [/url]

http://www.picturetrail.com/megadoo2

>If I recall right, a previous
>board said she wears it now because she has gotten used to
>wearing it. Perhaps it is for luck:)(Not that she needs it).

Yes, she has stated that she now uses it (a black pony-tail holder) as a sort of good-luck charm.

quick question for other tall ladies. i too am taller than average (5'10"). do you find that you have to lift heavier weights to get a sculpted look? i can usually keep up with cathe in the amount of weight used, but my muscles are not that defined. i thought maybe it was becasue i am taller. any suggestions?

Goldenrun:
I suggest you ask this question in the "Open Discussion" forum, as it seems a question more suited for the forum members than for Cathe (and it will definitely not been seen very easily hidden in this other topic).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.