best strength video for building lean muscle?

flyd

Hi, I currently own the Maximum Intensity Strength video, and I do it 3 days/week. Is this video my best bet for losing fat and building muscle or is there another Cathe video better suited for my purpose? I was wondering about the slow and heavy series and whether it would be better in conjunction with my cardio which I do 6-7 days/week (am attempting to lose MAJOR pounds!) Any advice is appreciated, I've been working with weights only about 4 months, regularly using 8, 10 and 15lb weights with the MIS video. So, move on to another Cathe or stay put? And if I do move on, please suggest to what and how often. Thank you so much for any answers. Donna

Donna,
Hi! MIS three times a week is very impressive! Still, it might be time for a change. Muscles adapt to exercise programs. Slow and Heavy is an excellent choice to rotate with MIS. I did Slow and Heavy Legs and Shoulders for the first time yesterday and it is awesome! I was able to match weight with Cathe except for two exercises and because it's 3 sets of around 8 excruciatingly slow reps, I got through all the reps!

You may have hit a plateau,i.e. your muscles are so used to MIS they can't get any additional benefits. To confuse your muscles, give them a different type of work out. You could even do S&H once per week with MIS once per week. I will be doing the other two workouts in the series today and tomorrow. I am pretty sure that will be the whole of my strength training for the week although I think we are all pretty conditioned to train each body part a minimum of twice per week, so throwing in another one isn't out of the question. As I understand it once per week per body part is fine when training heavy. Your exercise program looks amazing! You are going to meet all your goals with the kind of dedication to exercise you have!

Peace,
B http://www.plaudersmilies.de/natur/flower.gif obbi

Hi Flyd! Although MIS is designed to help you with your goals, it sounds as if your body has become too used to it. It will work for you very well again someday but for now your best bet is to do another weight series to inspire your muscles. I would suggest either the Pure Strength Series or the Slow and Heavy series. Good Luck with everything and don't be afraid to take off a day here and there if you are feeling drained from the high volume of cardio.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.