Best Rotation for Intensity Series

RA

Hello and Happy New Year Cathe,
I received my eagerly awaited 6 pack of videos this week and after viewing them I have some questions I hope you can answer.
I know there are no rules as to how or when I should use these tapes. I know there are a million different ways to use them. I just would like your opinion as to what is the BEST way to use them to get maximum results (low body fat, lean muscle).
I read your post baby shape up column and it sounds like to me you did workouts that these tapes were based onto get yourself back into tip top shape.
Since the general recommendation is to always alternate days of strength training with days of no strength training, am I supposed to do these videos in any particular order? Do I do each one, one day per week or do I just slip one into my regular routine (jogging, step and your strength tapes) to "shock my system?"
I feel like I am in a bit of a plateau. I do 5 days of intense cardio and on 2 of those days I tack on total body lifting (one of your tapes). I can't seem to get any leaner or more defined. I eat well too. Am I over "cardio-ing" or "under-lifting (ha, ha funny words, i know)? By the way, I did BOOT CAMP yesterday and I am S-O-R-E!!!! I loved it though.
Thanks for listening,
Robyn

Hi Robyn! It sounds like your workout program has become to predictable to your body. Shake it up by changing your total body workouts to split workouts (ie: PS series, Slow Heavy series, Pyramid Upper and Lower Body workouts). Also, your cardio program sounds like it needs some fresh new workouts. Try doing 5 totally new workouts. If you are not currently doing these, here are some to try: Imax 2, MIC, Cardio Kicks, Step Fit, and running for 40 minutes. Good Luck!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.