Best mix of cardio and weights

XGymRat

I'm still looking at the best option for Cathe's tapes.

Here's the dilemma:
I love doing cardio and weight training.

What is the best combination of both? Perhaps in a 1-hour tape and not -90 minute tape.

Just curious best options suggested.

I workout at home in what little time I have so I'm looking to get the most out of the least amount of time.

Tks to all that take a moment to reply.

Consider getting the CTX series, Circuit Max and the Intensity Series. All of these incorporate cardio and weights, and the circuit-style routines use weights as a cardio pump. And the CTX series incorporates a cardio routine and then a targeted strengthening routine focusing on one muscle group each workout, so it is closer to true strength training than circuit-style work.

Annette Q. Aquajock
Still Spendin' OPM

As A-Jock mentioned there is also Power Circuit if you have the CTX series. It has nice plank and ab work at the end and you can tack on some additional upper body work from the rest of the CTX if you have time. The PC hi/lo and circuit portion is only 35 minutes, but it is an intense 35 minutes.

Another option is to do BodyMax, but leave the upper body work for a seperate day if you want to keep it to an hour. I usually do the step portion + the circuit segments and that comes to about an hour, also intense! I then tack one upper body part per day onto my ~60 minute cardio or circuit days (I really don't like doing upper body so this is the easiest way for me).

Hi--

If you like intense weight training, consider getting Slow and Heavy and for short, but intense, cardio get CTX.

S & H works two body parts/day, very intensely.
CTX,as you know is roughly an hour of 1/2 cardio, 1/2 endurance strength training at 1 body part per day.

To get log an hour of workout time in a day, you could do 1/2 of an S and H tape and then the cardio portion of the CTX tape. That would give you a six day rotation featuring intense weight training.

Then, when you change up your regimen to focus on more endurance style weight training, you would have the ctx series to do.

I use the S and H rotation mentioned above as my core regimen, and really love what it has done for me. I will do this for a while, and then go to the ctx series, or another endurance rotation for a few weeks. This has what has worked for me, but of course, everybody is different.

Hope this helps!

Lynn

Lynn,
I have never thought of that- to sub a single S&H part for each CTX part. Good suggestion!
-Connie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.