beginning again

mama63

Due to injuries from an accident a few years ago I have gotten completely out of shape. I need to start again and like weight training. Any suggestions as to where to start? I used to go to the body pump classes, but I am afraid these may be to much to start with.

Hi Mama! Glad to see you recovered and back in action. Try starting with the Maximum Intensity Strength workout and do the exercises with very light weight. If even light weight is too much at any given time then take a rest (during the set) and join back in when you feel ready. If you are very sore after using light weight, rest two days before doing the workout again. On the third day do a warm up and light stretch for each major muscle group to help break up the soreness in the muscles. Then you will be ready to do the workout again on day 4. Stay with the same weight until you get to the point where that weight is no longer providing a challenge to you.

On the flip side, if the light weights were so light that you did not feel any soreness at all, then you need to mildly increase your weight with the next workout.

You should do Maximum Intensity Strength 2 times per week (non-consecutive days). Good Luck and welcome back :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.