beginner step ?

kisuzu

Cathlete
hi cathe-I'm a 38 yr old male & would like to thank you for your great strenght tapes.I was tired of going to the gym & discovered PS and SHS.I also enjoy Cardio Kicks.I would like to learn step however I find it incredibly frustrating.can you recommend a starting tape ?I recently read an article that step is difficult for men.maybe we are to uncoordinated.thank you.

hello, I'm not Cathe, but I just wanted to assure you that men are just as "step" capable as women! One of my favorite step videos to do is Crunch: Fat Blaster, The Next Step, which is lead by a male instructor, Kendell Hogan. He is fantastic! Also, another male "stepper" is Gilad, he offers more of what is called, "athletic step", less dancy moves, and more athletic moves. Cathe is absolutely "fanfreekintastic", but if you've never stepped before, prepare to take it slow and build.
good luck, Donna

Hi Kisuzu! Great to hear from you. I really am not familiar with other beginner step tapes on the market right now and I'm hoping others may have recommendations for you. I just wanted to welcome you to the site and thank you for your kind words. I'm so happy that you are enjoying the weight training tapes. Keep up the great work! Cathe

Hi kisuzu! Try www.videofitness.com for suggestions on beginner tapes. That is where I learned about the wonderful Cathe! They will have good suggestions for you on beginners tapes as that is where I started or you might find a beginners tape for trade. There are exercizers there of all fitness levels that are trying the same things as you are. Good luck!

Kisuzu,

I started with Gilad's step tape (On the Beach at Waikiki) I always wanted to take a step class, but with two left feet, I felt uncomfortable and started with this tape - it is a nice tape for beginners and even intermediates and perfect to start with, and also it is only about 45 minutes, so it is not overkill for beginners just starting to learn step and before long, you'll be able to do Cathe's step videos.

Kisuzu,
I recommend any Gilad step tape to you. In particular, Gilad Step and Tone is a great tape that incorporates hand weights with the step routine. It is very simple choreography but surprisingly challenging cardio. You can also always do it without the weights and skip the strenght training at the end. I know it is available through Collage Video and some retail outlets.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.