Beginner

HaBepte

:) Hi Cathe,
First I would like to say that I like the program that you have. I bought a step sometime last year and the step came with your video, the Step All ( the one with warm-up, step, arm weight trainging, and ab workout). I am a beginner and I wanted to by a beginner tape by you, and when I looked on your web-site I did not see one. Do you know what the best tape for a beginner is? Thank you so much.

Hi! I'm obviously not Cathe but can get you started down the right path. If you are looking for a tape that is by definition a beginner tape, Cathe doesn't really offer anything in that category. HOWEVER, you can modify all of Cathe's weight tapes to a beginner level by just decreasing the amount of weight you use. For example, Cathe might use 15 lb dumbbells for bicep curls but you could start out with 3 to 5 lb dumbbells. If she is using 40 lbs for squats (& she often does), you might want to start with just an empty barbell.

As for cardio, all of her step tapes can be modified as well. However, if you already own All Step, you know the choreography can be a bit challenging--even for someone that thinks they know step! LOL I've heard that Cathe's earlier tapes are great for learning her choreography because the later stuff builds on them.

Hope that has helped. Don't be afraid to try! That's what the VCR gods made the rewind button for. LOL

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.