Bar Bell

AmyWI

Hi Cathe,
This is the first time I've posted to ask you a question....
I've been reading some of the past ones and it seems like everyone is pretty in touch with your workouts and everything so this will probably seem like a dumb question, but here goes...

I'm fairly new to your workouts (not to working out though) and I'm wondering about the bar bell you use in your videos. Now, I enjoy lifting weights, but I've NEVER used a bar bell! To be honest, they intimidate me! I have no idea what to get. The only one I've ever attempted to lift was my husbands (with him spotting me) and it was heavy!! Is your bar part weighted? Can I just buy any bar bell with weights? These seem like juvenile questions, but I guess I won't know unless I ask! :)

Lots of threads about this, just search barbell in the forums. I think the most popular brand is Troy. I use a Troy barbell for all of Cathe's workouts that require a barbell.

Thank you! I guess I will save up for one. I checked the website and it looks like there's a set for $65.00.

check this website!!!

Look what I found, I need one as well I only have the Olympic bar and I can use that one for back, legs, and biceps when is only 6rep is pretty heavy.
So I was looking around and I found this website.
www.shopzilla.com/TLW_-_40/search

I will love to get this...:D

Look what I found, I need one as well I only have the Olympic bar and I can use that one for back, legs, and biceps when is only 6rep is pretty heavy.
So I was looking around and I found this website.
www.shopzilla.com/TLW_-_40/search

I will love to get this...:D

Thanks for the info! On this site http://fitness1st.com/Troy-Bars.html there is a price of 65.00, but I'm not sure what is included. I'm going to research it more. Either way, I'm going to save up money to buy a barbell set!

Can you post the other website? were did you found one at $ 65.00?
That's a better price..

Click on this link: http://fitness1st.com/Troy-Bars.html. Scroll down to where it says "Troy Lite™ Workout System with Quiet Iron ™ Plates". There are a couple of prices and one is 65.00. There is also a price of 599.00!! I can't find what the 65.00 price includes....It almost seems too low to include weights.

Click on this link: http://fitness1st.com/Troy-Bars.html. Scroll down to where it says "Troy Lite™ Workout System with Quiet Iron ™ Plates". There are a couple of prices and one is 65.00. There is also a price of 599.00!! I can't find what the 65.00 price includes....It almost seems too low to include weights.

The $65 price includes weights ("Aerobic “Lite “ Set consists of (1) lite bar, (2) spring collars, (4) 2.5 lb. plates, (2) 5 lb. plates, and (2) 7.5 lb. plates (40 lbs. total)") . The 599.00 is a club price for 10 sets.

The $65 price includes weights ("Aerobic “Lite “ Set consists of (1) lite bar, (2) spring collars, (4) 2.5 lb. plates, (2) 5 lb. plates, and (2) 7.5 lb. plates (40 lbs. total)") . The 599.00 is a club price for 10 sets.

Thank you! I may get this one then. I think that's a good set to start with.

-Amy

Amy,

Be sure to check if Shipping and Handling are included or extra. I think the Shopzilla one has S/H included. I don't know about the other website. That can make a huge difference especially when shipping heavy items.

Martha

Amy,

the troy lite bar bell weighs 5 pounds, so you shouldn't have any troubles lifting the bar by itself. I believe the olympic bar weighs 40 pounds, but I could be off on that.

Amy,

Be sure to check if Shipping and Handling are included or extra. I think the Shopzilla one has S/H included. I don't know about the other website. That can make a huge difference especially when shipping heavy items.

Martha

Martha-good point. I will look into that-thanks!

-Amy

Did you ladies order any extra plates? I'm not sure what my 1RM is yet since I don't own a barbell and have never worked with one; I'm worried the 40 pounds won't be enough and if I should order some plates, this way I can have it all ship on 1 order...

Did you ladies order any extra plates? I'm not sure what my 1RM is yet since I don't own a barbell and have never worked with one; I'm worried the 40 pounds won't be enough and if I should order some plates, this way I can have it all ship on 1 order...

I didn't actually order one yet, but will hint to hubby or save up. I don't plan on ordering extra weights because I think Cathe often uses 40 lbs or lighter, right? I'm kind of new to her workouts and currently only own a couple--most I've been dvr-ing from FitTv.

I didn't actually order one yet, but will hint to hubby or save up. I don't plan on ordering extra weights because I think Cathe often uses 40 lbs or lighter, right? I'm kind of new to her workouts and currently only own a couple--most I've been dvr-ing from FitTv.

In STS Cathe uses 60 lbs. for some exercises. I got my barbell at Dick's Sporting Goods. It came w/ the bar/ 2 clasps. 2/8pound plates, 4/10 pound plates, and 2/20 pound plates for $29.99

In STS Cathe uses 60 lbs. for some exercises. I got my barbell at Dick's Sporting Goods. It came w/ the bar/ 2 clasps. 2/8pound plates, 4/10 pound plates, and 2/20 pound plates for $29.99

Wow-what a deal! I will look there because shipping online is expensive. I haven't done STS yet but good to know.

-Amy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.