Balanced muscles

spyrosmom

Cathlete
I hope I can ask this so it makes sense:) I tried to google it, but apparently wasn't "asking" right. I know its important for fitness/health to be a well a rounded package, cardio/strength/flexibility, and I know that having one weak muscle in a chain will mess up the whole shebang. But what I want to know, is there a magic number or percentage that says which muscle groups should be the strongest? Obviously, I know the bigger ones are stronger. I'm not trying to compare my pinkie toe with my quads:p But I am thinking along the lines of opposing or push/pull supporting muscles. To have everything work to its optimum, should my biceps be a certain percentage stronger than my triceps? Quads and hamstrings? Is there a magic number? All I could find when I googled was the need to look even left/right or front/back, but I am asking more along the lines of optimum power/functionality. Hope this makes sense and that someone has the answer!!!

Nan

Bumping

I hope I can ask this so it makes sense:) I tried to google it, but apparently wasn't "asking" right. I know its important for fitness/health to be a well a rounded package, cardio/strength/flexibility, and I know that having one weak muscle in a chain will mess up the whole shebang. But what I want to know, is there a magic number or percentage that says which muscle groups should be the strongest? Obviously, I know the bigger ones are stronger. I'm not trying to compare my pinkie toe with my quads:p But I am thinking along the lines of opposing or push/pull supporting muscles. To have everything work to its optimum, should my biceps be a certain percentage stronger than my triceps? Quads and hamstrings? Is there a magic number? All I could find when I googled was the need to look even left/right or front/back, but I am asking more along the lines of optimum power/functionality. Hope this makes sense and that someone has the answer!!!

Nan

Great Question Nan!
I know that I have had injuries because I'm not "in balance" but if you looked at me I would look fine.... Hoping we can get an official answer or at least pointed in the right direction on the web.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.