arms + butt

ly22

HI! 2 questions:
1. Arms- I've been alternating between 2 days of MIS arms for 6 weeks, and 1 day a week of PS tapes, for about 3-4 months. I think my arms are just getting bigger with no distinct muscle tone. I lift med-heavy weights, and my arms are naturally thin.
Any suggestions?

2. Butt- I moved away from my gym where I took spinning which made my butt less 'fatty,' and so now I'm afraid it's going to get fat again. My only options now are aerobics and running. I also do PS Legs once a week. Any suggestions?
Also- are their any butt moves other than squats and lunges that tone up the butt?

THANKS!!

RE: arms butt

I you haven't started kicboxing yet, start now! I noticed that it helped shape my posterior. So, start "kickin' butt." Pun intended, of course! ;-)

I luv the new little faces!

Hi!

I 2nd. the kickboxing suggestion. Since I started with TaeBo and just the past few weeks with Cathe's CardioKicks, I have seen results, especially in my upper body leaning out. :) I am still waiting for my bottom half to catch up :-mad, but I am seeing SOME results, :-jumpy even though it's slower. I really think once I get my 6-pack delivered that that will be the boost I need. As long as you keep at it, you should do just fine! Good Luck!

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH

Hi! As for your arms, you may do better using PS entirely since it is much more "upper body specific" than MIS. Don't get me wrong, MIS is a wonderful arm workout, but the PS Series will offer more exercises per body part, and with greater variety and intensity. This focus could be just that little extra that you need to bring on more definition. The other factor that you need to look at is your diet. Muscles show up best when your diet is clean and full of nutrition. And finally, you need to be aware of your own genetic potential and work hard within it.

As for your butt, I also agree that kickboxing will add a new dimention to your leg workouts. But you really need to give this type of workout some time. Skill and flexibility is required to keep your workouts safe. Start out very easy. Keep your kicks low and as your flexibility increases so will the height of your kicks. Do not force your body into unnatural positions and/or work beyond your natural range of motion.

Good Luck!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.