Anybody there? Wanna Chat?

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
Hi All...

I'm having a rather late lunch at my desk and thought maybe we could munch together (quick, go grab a snack, I'll wait... LOL) . Watchya havin? I have lemon tuna, broccoli, and low fat triscuit crackers. Yummy!

Ok, I'm going to browse the forums and check back frequently for the next hour if you want to join me.

Cathe

Hi Cathe!

I'm just on my way out to a PTA meeting but wanted to say hi!

I attempted incline flies with 25lbs today (from 4DS Chest!). I quickly put them back and picked up 20lbs instead! Yikes! :D

Anyway, enjoy your lunch!

Hi Cathe!!!

I just wanted to say HI and thanks for the STS update. Having a date, even if it gets pushed back, makes the waiting so much easier. ;) Lovin' the clips on youtube too!!

Have a great day and enjoy your lunch!

Hi

Hi Ronne! You never know until you try right? 20 pounds is no walk in the park either....keep up the training! Enjoy your meeting and thanks for popping in for the HI.

STS update

Hi Cathe!!!

I just wanted to say HI and thanks for the STS update. Having a date, even if it gets pushed back, makes the waiting so much easier. ;) Lovin' the clips on youtube too!!

Have a great day and enjoy your lunch!

You're so welcome Deanie. I know waiting is so hard. Thanks for hanging in there. We hope to get more you tube clips up soon too.

Take Care!

Hi Cathe,
How would you suggest modifying for the rather daunting quantity (for me!) of push ups in STS disc 1, Meso 1? Do I do pace myself, doing some of each type? Do I do all I can of whatever comes first, then bag the rest? Do I skip all the anterior shoulder work? I know I can't do all 136+, even on my knees, but I want to improve safely and get maximum benefit for my muscles while I'm working my way up the rep count. TIA!

Hey Cathe! It's so cool that you make yourself available like this...I'm star-struck and nervous to even type this!! :D

Anyway, just wanted to say that I started working out with you in May of this year and my husband has already commented that he sees a big difference! Not that I'm working out to impress anyone else, but it's nice for someone else to notice a change! Your workouts are such a challenge but I feel like I've accomplished so much when I can make it through one. Thanks for making me give 110%!!!

Take care,
Natalie

Hi Cathe

:D:D:DHi cathe,

I just wanted to let you know how much fun we had at the gym and coffee clatch. I am looking forward to seeing you in October. Jerry has it all under control!!! And if you've read his posts, he's really picking up his weight routine!!
I am busy doing Drill Max (killer) Boot camp (killer) and my all time favorite RS. My boys have been asking when I am going to go "real" exercising again. They seem to think that I only "really" workout when I'm at your gym. Little do they know!!! As I peel myself off the floor :eek::eek:
And everday I continue to Thank God for that pause button :D:D:D
Have a great day and lunch!!! Can't tell you what I had for lunch because you might lose yours. :eek::eek:
elliemom

push ups

Hi Cathe,
How would you suggest modifying for the rather daunting quantity (for me!) of push ups in STS disc 1, Meso 1? Do I do pace myself, doing some of each type? Do I do all I can of whatever comes first, then bag the rest? Do I skip all the anterior shoulder work? I know I can't do all 136+, even on my knees, but I want to improve safely and get maximum benefit for my muscles while I'm working my way up the rep count. TIA!

Hi Jonahnah! Do as many as you can with good form (whether on toes or knees or even in "table top-all fours" position, which will be demonstarted in one of the workouts) and stop when you no longer can do any more. Even if you can only give me one push up in every set, it's a push up and I'll take it. The goal is not to strive for numbers, but to strive for improvement.

Good luck and keep training safely!

OMG Cathe--hi!!! How are you? Good to see you around here.

I hope you and the fam are doing well!

Thanks for the STS update. It was MUCH appreciated!!

Missed you today Ellie!

:D:D:DHi cathe,

I just wanted to let you know how much fun we had at the gym and coffee clatch. I am looking forward to seeing you in October. Jerry has it all under control!!! And if you've read his posts, he's really picking up his weight routine!!
I am busy doing Drill Max (killer) Boot camp (killer) and my all time favorite RS. My boys have been asking when I am going to go "real" exercising again. They seem to think that I only "really" workout when I'm at your gym. Little do they know!!! As I peel myself off the floor :eek::eek:
And everday I continue to Thank God for that pause button :D:D:D
Have a great day and lunch!!! Can't tell you what I had for lunch because you might lose yours. :eek::eek:
elliemom

Hi Ellie! As we "went for it" today in class, I couldn't help but think it was just a week ago today I had your Tri-Staters company kicking it out with me. I missed you today but continued to crack the whip because as I always say..."the show must go on".

Looking forward to seeing you again, and my gosh Ellie, you have quite a list of workouts under your belt there. You go Girl :eek: Hugs to the family!

Thanks Cathe for your reply! Thanks also for the STS update. I'm looking forward to more Youtube previews. (hint, hint!:D) I have to get the kiddos from school now so, bye!

Hey Cathe! It's so cool that you make yourself available like this...I'm star-struck and nervous to even type this!! :D

Anyway, just wanted to say that I started working out with you in May of this year and my husband has already commented that he sees a big difference! Not that I'm working out to impress anyone else, but it's nice for someone else to notice a change! Your workouts are such a challenge but I feel like I've accomplished so much when I can make it through one. Thanks for making me give 110%!!!

Take care,
Natalie

Thank YOU Natalie. I always enjoy hearing from you and about how hard you've worked. Best of all I enjoy hearing the excitement in your voice when you see wonderful improvements. Having your hubby notice is a great motivator too :D. Keep working hard and thanks for stopping in to chat today. Grab your hubby and have him join you on your next workout :eek:

Happy Monday!!!!

Cathe:

Happy Monday! I hope you are having a blessed day. I started Zumba last week, and I am looking forward to my second class tonight. Fun, fun, fun! It took me a few minutes to adjust to the instructor’s personality. She is soft-spoken and gentle. I am used to having my butt kicked by you. LOL!

I am looking forward to my STS Christmas present. By the way, I love the look and fit of the STS tee shirt that I bought in July. Hugs to you, Cathe! :)

Blessings,
Heather B.

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God" (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Hi Cathe,

Thanks so much for the blog update. It was timely as we got a bonus check deposited this morning so I finally was able to order STS!!!! I am so excited I can't wait! I already tested my paper plates on my carpet and they work great. I am off to do my 1RM testing. How do you recommend doing it? One body part at a time? Lower then upper? How much is too much for one day?

Thanks so much for all your hard work and dedication!

Hey,
I don't mean to interrupt your lunch, but I need help. I want to begin lifting weights but I have tennis elbow in both arms. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Sue144

Miss you so much

OMG Cathe--hi!!! How are you? Good to see you around here.

I hope you and the fam are doing well!

Thanks for the STS update. It was MUCH appreciated!!

Hi Allison! Gosh, I miss you girl!!!! I just was looking at that pic from the RT where we flashed our (covered) butts, gasp! I have been meaning to get a note out to you and Tracey. Where does everyday go? Poof and is over! Until I get that note out... thanks so much for stopping in and saying HI. I hope life is treating you well and please tell Tracey I hope she is doing well and feeling good. Take Care!

Hi Cathe!

I'm really happy with my muscle endurance and body appearance (thanks to your outstanding weight lifting dvd's) and would like to know if just purchasing the last mesocycle for advanced weight lifters would help in furthering along the cut look? I have all the equipment I need for heavy lifting, but rely on free weights for that fine tuning.

Power Tower

Hi Cathe!
Thanks so much for updates!! EXCITING as all heck!
Any chance the Power Tower might be available before or around thes ame time as STS shipment? I just gotta have that thing! ;)

Tenis Elbow

Hey,
I don't mean to interrupt your lunch, but I need help. I want to begin lifting weights but I have tennis elbow in both arms. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Sue144

Hi Sue. You are not interrupting at all. I'm happy to help you out. :) I'm so sorry to hear about your tennis elbow, in both arms no less, ouch! I had advanced tennis elbow in one arm about 4 1/2 years ago and it was very painful. Just grasping the mail hurt so badly, I had to just let it slip from my hands and drop to the floor. The only way that I know of to get rid of tennis elbow is physical therapy and or complete rest of your gripping activities until that nasty inflammation is gone. Lifting weights at this time will only exasperate the problem. I strongly encourage you to do the physical therapy program for tennis elbow (which at the latter stages say like week 12 to 16, will have light weights worked into the program). The specific exercises were SO HELPFUL in the healing process. Good Luck, and let me know how you make out!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.