Another Low Max???

vdowning

Cathe, I haven't been able to do any of your recent step workouts. Even the ones that everyone said were doable, left me standing....not only because of the choreography, but also because of my ailing knee. I have had (knife) surgery two times, due to knee injuries when I was 18 and 19 years old; and have been told I would have to have a knee replacement by the time I'm 60. I'm 50 now. To get to the point, I almost sold Low Max, but then I gave it another try and I love it. It is the only cardio I'm wanting to do now, just like when I was younger, doing Step N Motion 1 nearly everyday! It doesn't bother my knee at all. The low impact step is exactly what I needed. It is the most fun workout!

I have ordered your beginner/intermediate workouts but I would really like to see a Low Max 2, 3, and 4.....maybe even more! Thinking anything about this?

I second this request. Lowmax is the breakout DVD of the Hardcore series. It is the most original DVD Cathe has put out in recent history. It is superbly effective and universally liked. We would all like to welcome Lowmax 2 to our collections.

Clare

I would love more Low Max too! I absolutely love that workout. I really love the way the leg work is combined with serious calorie burning, all the while being easy on the joints. It's fabulous!:) Helen

Me too!! My achilles tendinitis has been flaring up and the higher impact step workouts aggravate it even more. Low Max is perfect because it keeps the HR up, it's a great cardio and lower body workout, and it's FUN!

I'd like to see Low Max 2, 3, 4.... :) Maybe a circuit workout combining a Low Max style workout with some upper body work for a total body workout? Or, just another Low Max would be great too!!!

Joni, I have been experiencing achilles tendonitis for almost three months now. So does yours show up every now and then instead of gone for good? Is there certain things that make it flare up? I cannot seem to get rid of mine. Everytime I think it is feeling better, I try low impact cardio and hurt it all over again. I only went to the doctor once and I don't think they can do anything but tell me to take motrin and ice. Don't know the sign when I can start exercising again.

kim

....Maybe a circuit workout combining a Low Max style workout with some upper body work for a total body workout?........

I really like this idea! The more the better!

I'd LOVE another Low Max! Joni -- I love your idea about combining a Low Max workout into a circuit wo with upper body.

That would be fantastic!

Occasionally, if I do too much step, I start to feel it in my Achilles, and I have to lay off for a while. Avoiding injuries is good. But I sure love step, so a series of Low Max would be so wonderful.

Marla

I agree Low Max is awesome. But Cathe so brillantly covered just about every exercise that I can think of in Low Max, it's hard to imagine coming up with another one like it. But, that's why Cathe is Cathe..haha:)

Oh, please start including Lowmax's into your series, a la Imax's. This was one of the best of the new series, imo and there is alot to be said for high intensity, low impact. More! More!

I would loooove another Low Max! (As well as another Imax, and a steady state cardio....and, and, Kickbox, and... ;-) Seriously, though, I would love another Low Max!

Linda

I also love Low Max. We asked Cathe about another one. She said that it is very difficult to find moves that will not hurt your knees so she wasn't sure that this was possible to put together another one. I do like the idea of doing Low Max with circuit training. Hopefully she will see this and work something out. I am very lucky not to have a knee issue yet. Hopefully I never will. I love Low Max because it is very different and a very good workout. It would also be nice to have a low impact high intensity floor workout.

Same for me - I love LowMax although I can't use more than one riser without it giving my knees serious ow factor - still love it though.

An IMAX-type series for the future for us Low Impact junkies...??? Here's hoping.

Claire

I only use one riser also, but with that it still keeps my heart rate up. I'm really hoping that Cathe will see this!

That would be so wonderful! My feet have been conspiring with my knees and I think they may be getting my hips in on this biomechanically unsound, prone to injury thing and Low Maxes would be just the thing to keep them from getting too carried away! ;)
Bobbi http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/chicken.gif "Chick's rule!"

Tell me, what it is you plan to do with your one wild and precious life? -Mary Oliver

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.