Allergies

mariah1161

Cathlete
Hi Cathe,
I am suffering from Allergies & Sinus and I remember you saying you were taking Tylenol Sinus when you were pregnant.
I was wondering what you or anybody takes for Allergies?
Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Maria
happy.gif

Hi Maria! There are several allergy medications out there which have wonderful side effect profiles, only have to be taken once per day, and don't make you drowsy. Just a few-Claritin, Zyrtec, Allegra, Dallergy. Benadryl can also be used but in some people it is VERY sedating, that's what is in Tylenol PM to help you rest. I'm not totally sure right at this moment, but I think that Tylenol Sinus just has Tylenol and Sudafed, no antihistamine which helps with allergies. See your health care provider for more info.
Hope it helps!
julie

Thanks Cathe & Julie!

My Dr. gave me Claritin-D but I am more comfortable with Tylenol since it has fewer side effects. Last year I took Sudefed and taught my LIA Class a little Too PEPPY tee hee hee...Thanks Again!
Maria :eek:)

Maria,

Since I am an allergist, your question is right up my alley.Of course, this is not a substitute for seeing you physician. Also, if you are pregnant or nursing your medication choices are more limitied and should be discussed with your OB or pediatrician.

This is that time of year again. I advise using prescription meds since they are more effective and have less side-effects. Non-drowsy antihistamines (allegra, claritin) or zyrtec-(mildly sedating) and nasal corticosteroids (mostly not absorbed through your body) are the way to ago. Prescription nasal sprays are NOT addictive (over the counter decongestant sprays ARE addictive). The only good over the counter sprays are nasalcrom and nasal saline. Nasal saline is medication free. Nasalcrom is effective but mild and must be used several times per day for the whole season. Also, keep your air-conditioning running and your windows closed during the spring and fall if this is your season.

good luck,

Irene

Thank You Irene!

Wow, That was almost like a House Call!
wink.gif

How sweet of you to take your time and reply!
Thanks Again!
Maria

The Nicest People

You really meet the nicest and most helpful people on the site!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.