Advice For A New Mom New To Your Workouts!

rbrack

Cathe,

Hello,my name is Ronni and I am a new mom (my daughter is 5 months old). I used to do the FIRM 5-6 days per week apporximately 1 year ago. I have recently begun to ease my way back into working out. I have been using the FIRM 3-4 days per week for a few weeks now, but I am not motivated to do them. I am challenged by the routines, but able to complete all of the workouts in the 1-6 series.

I am anxious to try your tapes. I want to lose 20-25 pounds of post baby weight and gain noticeable definintion in all areas of my body. I would also like to reduce/eliminate cellulite on my legs!

I am going to order:

Interval Max
Pure Strength Series
Maximum Intensity Strength

Please suggest a rotation to help me acheive my goals. When you "rotate" do you do the entire tape or segments?

Do you also offer dietary advice?

Thank you for any help you may be able to offer!

Ronni

I know you are waiting for Cathy's response but I was gong to write you that: Interval Max is a killer for a new mom getting back into working out! My son is 8 now but I lost tons of weight through exercise after he was born (about 40 lbs.) Try some long duration easier workouts to get back into the swing of things... how about Step Fit? It is challenging and long; but not crazy like the intervals. Have a great day and enjoy that baby. Ellen

TOTALLY agree with Ellen!!!!! No Interval Max for you...yet. Buy it and put it on your refrigerator as something to aspire to. For now, Step Fit is my Fave: or Mega Step Blast is good, too. I do like MIS--you do not need to do it all at once if you don't want to. I LOVE Pure Strength series and it is "naturally" broken up for you. But, go just a tad easier on the cardio than IMax just now--my advice, anyway.

Thank you for your input! I think the choreography in Step Fit may be too much for me. I'm VERY uncoordinated. I think I will stick with the IMax and just work my way up. I'll let you know how it goes!

Ronni

Maybe try it with no step the first few times out... I know I'm constantly saying this (;-) ), but it really will help!
Wendy

Hi Ronni,
Just wanted to add that I am very uncoordinated too. My biggest problem with any cardio workout is my 2 left feet. What I do with any new step workout is similar to Wendy - I use the step so as to feel the moves but with no risers. If I mess up I just get back in when I can. Sometimes I'll rewind & try a section or a move over & over until I get it! After doing this 2 or 3 times, I can usually do the workout without breaking my leg or something! :)
Good luck, I'm sure you'll do great! Enjoy that new little one, they don't stay that little for long do they?
Ruth

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jun-10-01 AT 08:07PM (Est)[/font][p]Thanks to everyone for responding. I appreciate any suggestions to improve coordination. I'll add more complex tapes to my collection after I have gotten used to the five I just ordered.

I ordered the PS series, MIS and IMAX. My tapes should arrive tomorrow, I'm excited to begin! I really liked the FIRM, so I'm hoping that I will enjoy these tapes even more and achieve even better results!

I'm enjoying my daughter,Madison, but I would really like to lose the post baby flab! She is at an age now that I have a little more freedom with time (30-40 minutes/session, depending on her mood of course!) to fit in workouts!

Do you have any suggestions as to how to rotate workouts? Do you do the entire tape on specific days of the week? Do you do segments? How long do you allow specific muscle groups to rest?

Thanks again!

Ronni

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.