Achillies Tendonitis

sfit45

Hi. I injured my left achillies tendon in Jan. A dr. confirmed that it is just tendonitis. I have been unable to do step since then. I realize that it takes a long time for this to heal. My question is, does anybody else have any experience with this? I really want to get back to my Cathe step workouts! I have been doing mostly low impact, and walking. I really miss step.

Thanks
Sherry

Last edited:
Just finished getting surgery because I had let it go too far.

1. Did your doctor suggest orthotics? If not, get a set and add some more padding in the heel of your shoes in order to raise the foot up to take stress off the achilles.

2. Did the doc put you in a walking cast? If you still haven't healed, you might want to consider one for at at 2 weeks again to get the achilles immobilized and heal properly.

3. Are you getting physio therapy specifically acupuncture? Many times the achilles is compromised by tight calf, hamstring and butt muscles and if you can relax these muscles, you might be able to get some relief from the tendon pain.

4. Have you stopped wearing flip flops? Flips flops are achilles killers. Get rid of them until you have healed for at least 6 months.

I let mine go for 6 months and continued to exercise and play sports. I also had an older set of orthotics that were of no support. My doc said it was the worse one he had ever seen. I was in a walking cast for 6 weeks, the swelling went down. Came out of the cast, the swelling increased, finally was referred for surgery as the tendon had a partial rupture from the swelling and the built up of fluid inside of it.

No to all of the above. My dr told examined my foot and told me it was just tendonitis, and to rest it a couple of weeks. I have been very careful with it, because I did not want it to progress to a rupture. It has now been 7 months, and it is about 95% better. I just started doing step again using the platform, no risers. I will probably never do 8in step again. Wont take the chance. Thanks for the input!

Sherry

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.