Abs Everyday!?!?!?!?!?

20034ME

After my son was born 2 1/2 yrs. ago, my abs have never been the same. I've tried many different workout tapes to help with this problem. I wasn't really seeing a lot of results. So I decided to start doing some sort of ab work everyday with my daily cardio, whether it's 10 mins or 20 mins. I know your suppose to give your muscules a break, but what about the abs? Also, I do my abs on my step with one side declined to help with my pelvic tilt. Is this a good way to echeive results? One more ????? Can you recommend a good back workout video? Thanks for your time, Kisha

Not Cathe

But I thought I would say the best results I got in my abs was doing crunchs 5 days a week. It was a programme in a mag for 10 weeks rest days on Sun and Thursdays. I did it in addition to the abs on the workout tapes.

I would recommend Ab Hits as Cathe has put together some great abs moves on that tape.

The dvd is awesome.

Babs

Thank you for your advise. I just ordered the 6 pack x-ress DVDs & there seemed like quite a bit of abs on there. She really know how to work those abs. I think I'll try your 10 week session too. LOL Kisha :D

try doing those crunches on a stability ball... your abs/core/back will never be the same! (in a good way)

I do abs 6 days a week after I run.. even abs need a rest :)

but when I started using the ball I could really feel the burn and was sore the next day... cathe uses the ball in the new intensity series

plus that ball is really really FUN!!

good luck :)

Hi Marnie - Thank you for your advise. I've been looking at those balls. It's good to get some feedback on them. My son has a big ball I was thinking of using & see how it works or do I need a specific type of ball? I know they come with different dimension. Kisha :D

I think the 5-day-per-week schedule is a good suggestion.

ALSO, if you're not already doing planks (both prone and supine) and other core stability work, start doing these toot sweet. Planks recruit the deep transverse abdominus muscle in a way that traditional crunches do not, and these and controlled spinal hyperextensions ("supermans") are also important for low back stability (often something that gets compromised during pregnancy).

GET THE AB HITS DVD ASAP! All of Cathe's plank / superman routines are on it, as well as other ClassicAbs stuff.

And Get The Intensity Series! The pictures I've seen of the ab/core work are to drool for!

A-jock

When I was a member of a gym, I asked one of the trainers if it was ok to train abs every day and he said yes. I think some people will say yes, some say no. But I can tell you, my abs need help and I am planning on working them everytime I work out.

Beth

YTour the 2nd person to suggest AB HITS. I'm starting to think I should have added that to my recent order. Thanks. Kisha

Hi Marnie

I agree about the stability ball. I just started using the stability ball on a regular basis. I use it along with my weight routine as well as for the stomach and back. I have seen awesome results. I am a runner (I use Cathe to cross train). I've read in my Runner's World mag that having good core muscles really helps make your run better. Since I have started doing core work with the stability ball, my runs have been awesome (maybe just a coincidence, but..........). Love those balls.

Kim

I work my abs 7 days a week: 3x's a week on alternate days weighted abs, 4 days unweighted. Abs are just like any other muscle. But again, different things work for different people. On the days that I do weighted abs, I go to failure (when you can't possible do another rep.), non weighted I do not.

Also, again diet plays a huge role. Try to eat as "clean" as possible, meaning whole foods in their natural state. As well as kicking up the frequency or intensity of your cardio sessions. Remember, it usually takes about 2 weeks or so before you start to see results with a new diet/exercise plan. So be patient and good luck! :)

Oh Aquajock, you are gonna fall in love with the core work from the Intensity series!! Definitely worth drooling over. I stare in disbelief thru a lot of it, but someday I'll get there. (well except for those pikes on the ball, not sure I'll ever get them down!) The wait for the dvd will be worth it I assure you. I had to get vhs because I don't have a dvd player in the exercise room (well okay it's just a guest room). Anyway, I find myself wishing I could go to a certain section without a lot of forwarding/reversing etc. You will love this series! I said this on the ya ya forum the other day and I'll say it again, Cardio & WEights is the most fun you'll ever have with your clothes on.
Take care..

Lisa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.