30 minutes of 1 body part - suggestions for which parts of tapes, please

jane_grace

Cathlete
Cathe,
In a previous post you mentioned that you like to work one body part a day for 30 minutes (4-5 exercises) for 12 weeks and then change to 15-20 minutes (3 exercises) for a time. Do you have a suggestion for which parts of tapes to put together to get 30 minutes of one body part?

I can't wait for the Slow and Heavy series - thanks!

Jane

I'm not Cathe and I hope she doesn't take offense at me butting in and telling you how I put this together but......

You can get a fantastic one bodypart a day workout if you do first say PS chest, then BodyMax chest, then MIS chest and finally if you really want to be left panting on the floor do CTX chest. YOUSA! If you wake up alive the next morning you move onto PS Back, BodyMax Back, MIS back and then if you are up to it CTX Back. The following day is shoulders then biceps and then triceps. You can choose what sections to do for legs. I wasn't brave enough to put them all together because it would have killed me.

I chose the order PS, BM, MIS, CTX because then it seemed like I was lifting slow, fast, slow, fast. That seemed to be less exhausting to my muscles than stacking two fast sections together. I also lightened my weights as I needed too but I was able to use heavier weights with each week that I used the rotation.

I totally enjoyed this rotation when I did it and really gained strength from it as well.

Lannette

RE: great idea for next tape series

this would be a great idea for the next tape series from cathe. i would love a 30 minute per bodypart workout series. hope cathe would consider. would love to hear her thoughts!

RE: great idea for next tape series

I just started a one body part a day too!! Last week was my first week on this rotation, but I was just doing CTX parts. I'm so glad I saw this thread!! Here's a question, Do you all do cardio before or after? I do it after strength. Also how do you do abs? Everyday, or just one time a week?

Aimee

Hi Aimee...

I love doing a one body part per day rotation. I just started one today and am doing a CTX part and adding on my own sets going slower and heavier.
I do abs 3 times a week and do the cardio wherever it fits my schedule best - sometimes it's before and sometimes after. This particular rotation I will be doing cardio in the morning and strength in the evening.
I like to hit my legs more than once a week, but don't have time so I make sure I do leg circuits for cardio at least once a week in addition to my leg strength workout.
Erica

I'll 2nd. that!

I, also, would LOVE a 30 minute-per-bodypart series! No rest for the weary, Cathe!!! Can you get busy on this now? ;-)

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)
"If You Get The Chance To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!"

RE: I'll 2nd. that!

I agree, that would be a wonderful "theme" for your next workouts Cathe! I love the idea of 30 minutes per muscle group. (Well, except abs!) ;-)
Ruth

I'm bumping again, hoping to hear Cathe's suggestions.
I'd also like to hear how to work cardio in to this routine. How do you do it Lannette?
-joy

When I originally did this rotation I did the weight training in the early morning and then did cardio in the afternoon or early evening. (This was more because of my schedule and because I didn't have a full hour to workout but could do two half hours.)

This thread has made me think about the body part a day idea again (I had almost forgotten that I had done it) and I was just thinking that if I do it again it might be nice to put the cardio in between the different weight sections. Like do MIS chest and then do the elliptical for 10 minutes, then do BodyMax chest and do the Nordic track for 10 minutes, then do PS Chest and do a 10 minute step section from one of Cathe's tapes and then finish up with CTX chest or if I wanted a slightly longer workout add on one more short cardio section.

Lannette

I just looked closer at the new Slow and Heavy series and at 58 minutes per tape it seems that there will be 20 - 25 mintues per body part, with 4 to 5 exercises per body part. Does that seem correct? Maybe we need to add only 1 more tape section per body part.
Can't wait to get these tapes!
Jane

p.s. I've been doing the sequence that Lannette suggested - PS, BodyMax, MIS, CTX, running in the morning and doing the weight work in the evening and it feels really great!

hi everyone...i have been doing this rotation for 3 weeks now and have gotten some amazing results!!! thanks for the idea!!!

Jane I just previewed the tapes with this idea in mind. They come in at between 23minutes and 30 minutes depending upon which body part you are talking about.

I love the look of this slower more controlled lifting but I think it's going to be majorly intense. I'm going to just try out the tapes without adding on first to see how fried my muscles end up. After I get used to this new way of lifting I'll decide if I want to add anything on.

If I add a warm-up and final stretch to each bodypart I think I'll end up with about a 30 minute weight workout for each day which is what I like. That gives me time to add cardio.

I'm glad you are enjoying the other BP of the day workout!

Lannette

Lannette,
Thanks for the information. I am hoping my tapes arrive today. They are scheduled to arrive on Monday but I just checked UPS tracking and they arrrived in town this morning so maybe I can pick them up!
The 4 tape rotation worked well for a week or so but then I was getting burned out so I'm going to PS and CTX, only. They will provide about 20 - 25 minutes per BP.
Can't wait for these new tapes because I think they will help me go light on the endurance tapes. I've been craving heavy lifting and I think I use too much weight for the speed of the some of the workouts.
Please let us know what you think after you've had a chance to workout with them.
Jane

Now I'm confused!! I am just starting an exercise program and was going to order the Pure Strength series and alternate each of those 3 tapes w/ days of pure cardio. I noticed that for the most part the tapes work each body part for about 10 minutes. So that is not enough? Hopefully Cathe will be able to clear this up for all of us! In the meantime I'll start with the Pure Strength and cardio.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.