20-year old fitness freak, college student advice?

M

mariela

HI Cathe,
I bought two videos Max Intensity strength and Max Intensity Cardio. I lvoed them both. I've been doing weights and cardio since last August.
I'm worried that I am not doing adequate exercises for my age. i heard that as a teenager you don't do that much weights because you're still growing. What should I do? HOw often should I workout with weights? I am a 20 year-old girl going to college, and I do exercises to feel better throughout the day and look better too. Thanks in advance for answering my question. I know ou must receive billions.
P.S. I love the music on your Max Intensity Cardio! It really wakes me up in the morning!
Mariela

I will leave the advice to the experts....I'll just comment that you are VERY lucky to have access to forums such as this with an expert like Cathe! Make the most of it, and follow her advice!!!! She's the best. I wish I'd had info like that when I was your age.....LONG ago.

Heck, Honeybunch -even at my age...

Although the fitness phenomenon was growing - strength training for women? No way! Might bulk up! Lets just 'tone' instead. And then those horrible aerobics classes that espoused 'no pain, no gain'.

Yeeouch.

Hi Mariela,

Since Cathe is immersed in pre-production on her new videos & might not get to your question soon, I thought I'd pass on what I've read. Weight training is fine once the growth plates have closed. You might want to check with your physician to get the green light. The primary problem with young lifters is lack of balance (guys want big biceps & ignore their opposing tricep muscles) & lifting too much weight. So just remember form & balance will get you results without injury. I'm actually envious since you are at the age when you can build your bone density. Go Girl!

I too am 20 years old and have these 2 tapes and love them both.I always do the weights 2 or 3 times a week,but I am curious to what Cathe would reccomend. smiley:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.