Sharing car rental info

llp

Cathlete
I thought this was a good deal that I got on my car rental, so I wanted to share. I used Budget Car Rental, using these codes: Budget Customer Discount (BCD) # X793200 and coupon # UUGZ039 when making my reservation. http://www.budget.com/budgetWeb/html/bridge/coupons/assoc/freeupgrade.html?BCD=X793200&CPN=UUGZ039&IN&logo=1

My Total for Thursday pick-up to Sunday drop-off is 161.15(that's $117 base rate + all taxes and fees). Premium size car. That's the best rate I could find(if you do better let me know!)

Also, if you share your rental with others, it will be that price divided by the number of people you share with. Way cheaper than a shuttle!

Regarding Comp & Collision insurance, you could use your own personal auto insurance, rather than pay their $12.50/day fee (but you'd have your deductible if you do get in an accident), or if you have AmEx credit card you could use their service and pay just a $24.95 flat fee, which covers 42 days I beilieve to cover your 4 days car rental in Lake Geneva. Your personal auto insurance will cover the BI & PD liability(likely), so don't pay extra at the rental car company. Other benefits,too, but you can read the fine print(so I don't bore you with the details!)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.