Workout Blender Stalling/Freezing

burnmarie

Cathlete
I have had the workout blender for over a year now, when I try to open it now it starts going through it's usual "importing" of every download I have dragged into it. The problem is it is now freezing/stalling and will not get rid of the message "Please do not move your original file (the one you just dropped into the workout blender) from it's original location. It goes through all the videos and then freezes on this. I have left it sit for over 8 hours like this, and nothing, I have uninstalled the workout blender and then reinstalled and it still is doing the same thing (although it kept all the original premixes I made when I re-installed it). I have the most current version of Adobe Air and Windows 7.
Please tell me how to fix this, as I cannot use the blender at all!

Hello burnmarie,

Just so we have a place to start troubleshooting, have you uninstalled and reinstalled according to these instructions? If yes, we can go from there, but if no, please go through this process and we'll see if it solves your problem. One thing, and that is to make sure that all the premix videos (ones ending in .mp4 or .m4v) are safely in your iTunes or another folder before you do this process so they are not deleted, since unfortunately this will remove all of your previous Workout Blender files used to create your custom premixes.

WARNING Please note that you will have to re-import your videos and re-create your workouts since this resets your Workout Blender. If you have workout videos successfully created already, you can easily save your "premix" workout videos themselves by dragging them out of your Workout Blender Videos folder and into iTunes or any other folder on your computer BEFORE starting this process. You will not be able to edit these existing workout videos, however, unless you re-create them like you did originally using the Blender.

WINDOWS

1. Exit the Workout Blender, then open your Control Panels and choose "View by: Small Icons" in the upper right corner.

2. Click to open "Folder Options"

3. Click on the "View" tab at the top of the Folder Options window that opens.

4. Under "Hidden files and folders" in the list of Advanced Settings that appears, click on "Show hidden files, folders, and drives", then click "Apply" at the bottom of the window.

5. Leave the window open since you will need to reverse this process in a minute.

6. Navigate to the folder: "Your Hard Drive" > Users > "Your User Name" > AppData > Roaming and drag the folder "Cathe" into the Recycle Bin and you can close all the folders you opened.

7. Go back to the "Folder Options" window and check "Don't show hidden files, folders, or drives", click "Apply" and close the window. You can also close your Control Panels.

8. Restart your computer, then when it is done restarting launch Workout Blender and attempt to import and/or create a new video.

I already tried these directions but #6 in the instructions I cannot find that on my computer at all. What is it under I have searched my computer for your user hard drive, my app data, Cathe and get nothing.

Hello burnmarie,

I am sorry you are having difficulty. The items marked in "quotes" will be what you have called these locations on your computer, and are the most critical of the steps to complete in order for the re-install to have a chance to reset any corrupted files. Please let me know how you make out.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.