Still cannot get WB to work - even with 32 bit

Gobias

Cathlete
Hello anyone,

I posted another thread not too long ago about not being able to get WB to work no matter what I tried, retried, installed, reinstalled, etc. I was then told by SNM it is because I have a 64 bit computer.

I begged, pleaded and hunted for a 32 bit computer and finally found one to borrow over the last week. However I still cannot get WB to work. It freezes at a window that says "don't move your original files"....or something to that effect. I have installed, reinstalled, deleted files, cache, etc, followed other directions in threads and I get the same window telling me not to move my files. I can make blends, but when I try to "create" a blend, it just freezes.

I have this computer for one more day and then have to give it back. Here are the stats:

Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 3
Intel Core 2CPU
[email protected]
1.86Ghz; 1.99GB of RAM

I have a handful of software engineers at work who actually write and upgrade programs and a 24/7 IT department at my disposal. They have all tried to help and are at a loss. (although a few have offered to upgrade this for 64bit...). So, I believe I am following the directions correctly as how to install and erase files and try again.

They asked if there is a log somewhere so that they can try to reverse-find the problem. They also wanted to know if there are any programs that would prevent WB from working on this borrowed computer - antivirus software, computer programs, etc. It is a pretty stripped down computer.

Not sure if this matters, but I bought the ENTIRE cathe download collection and keep them on an external hard drive, therefore WB accesses the files from the external hard drive (not enough room on my internal drive). WB is correctly set up to "find" the downloads on the external drive. WB must see the downloads because I can make blends, I just cannot "create" them.

Any help is appreciated as this is really frustrating and time consuming.

I don't have any answers for you, and sure would be frustrated and disappointed, too, after having bought all of the downloads. Have you tried opening a help ticket to get some direct one-on-one assistance?

Hi Nancy,

Yes, I am thoroughly frustrated and so disappointed in my purchase! How do I go about with a help ticket? I have never done one before. Thanks for the suggestion.

Hi Gobias,

Just to clarify, the incompatibility is not that your computer is 64 bit, the problem is with the 64 bit version of Windows. You can use a computer that has a 64 bit processor with a 32 bit version of Windows installed and things should work fine. Users have the most success with the 32 bit version of Windows 7.

Now, on to try to figure this out. I am a bit confused with a couple things you are saying and maybe you can clarify. You state that the program freezes and does not go any further when the "do not move" alert comes up (which would be right at launch when the application does its check to see if all the videos are in their original locations; if you have a lot of videos this can take a little while), but later say that you are able to make blends and it freezes only when you attempt to "create" a blend. If the Blender IS running and letting you make blends, how long are you allowing it to run after you press "create"? I remember in your other threads you said that it ran overnight (and being on a 64 bit Windows installation I believe it truly did get stuck there), but did you let it run for a while to let it create the blend? It can take quite a while depending upon how many clips you have integrated in it. Just trying to figure out the point that the application is really freezing so that I can help you to troubleshoot. Information such as if the progress bar is up on the screen after you press the "create" button, and if so what it says, if you have to force quit the application or do a normal quit, etc., are very helpful in troubleshooting.

Also, it is fine that the original files reside on an external drive; just so the drive is mounted when you launch the Blender. We also don't know of any software that conflicts with the Blender at this point.

Just to let you know, we are deep into production on the new videos, so response time on the forums is a little longer than normal. Please be patient if I can't get back on here to respond for a couple days. Thanks!

Hi Curt,

Thank you for the reply - I have been out of the country (with limited internet) and am just now seeing this. I will clarify - I did borrow a computer that had 32 bit windows installed and it still did not work. I will try to borrow the computer again and write down exactly what the problems were.

As to my issues - with the borrowed computer (32 bit windows), I was having both problems. It would freeze in the beginning and then when I would try to blend. With MY computer (64 bit windows), I would only have the problem of it freezing when I tried to blend. With the borrowed computer (32 bit windows) when it froze in the beginning, I would finally just shut it down and re-launch (not re-install) and after a few attempts it would no longer freeze in the beginning - only later when I tried to blend.

I did finally totally uninstall everything on the borrowed computer three times and never got past the freezing while trying to blend.

As for me allowing enough time - yes I did. I would let it run over night. I have been trying to do this since I bought the downloads in July. I have done it at home (a bit slower internet) and at work - super fast internet (I don't believe I need internet, but I was at a loss and tried it at work also). I have done it with absolutely nothing else running on the computer (that I could control) and I would not work on the computer while allowing it to run. The borrowed computer is a stripped down computer with not a lot of "garbage" on it.

I even tried a very short "test" clip - I believe it was just an intro of 2 DVDs and was about 7 minutes total - I would get the same freezing.

As for "quitting" the program, I had to press the "X" button on the top. There wasn't another option for me to close it, unless I didn't see it - but I have never gotten past the freeze, so maybe I didn't see a regular quit option.

The above problems were with the borrowed 32 bit windows computer. I will try to borrow it again and make notes as it freezes.

Thanks!

The problem is WB
I can't get it to work correctly on any computer I've had over the years. Windows or Mac. I just gave up. Got an Apple TV and bought digital downloads.
I would be willing to pay for WB software if it worked correctly.
Another option would be to use movie editing software.

Hawgwild - sorry to know that. I really wish I had known about the problems ahead of time. I would be willing to pay for a working version on my computer also. It is a great concept. Have you used movie editing software? Do you have a recommendation? I really would like to blend these videos as the ONLY reason I bought digital downloads was to blend as I own every single hardcopy DVD. Sigh.

OK - CURT!

I borrowed the computer again and am getting the following:

*I scrubbed everything related to Cathe on this computer.
*I downloaded the current WB version
*I downloaded the Adobe AIR it needed
*I then was able to put the chapters of videos in the order I want to create my blend.
*I got the following Progress pop-up "Creating your video. Please be patient..." 10%. It has been like that for hours and is one of the same errors I was getting previously on this computer and my other computer.

*To exit, I only have the option of pressing the "X" in the upper right corner of the WB screen.

Here are the computer stats:
Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 3
Intel Core 2 CPU 6300 @ 1.866HZ 1.99 GB

Is there a CS number I can call to quicken the IT help up? I know you guys had been dealing with the new videos, but am hoping it will slow down in a bit? Thanks.

Also - I tried the above with a 48 minute video I created from one DVD and also a 3 minute video I created from one DVD. To just make sure my created blend wasn't too large.

I'm gonna try iMovie on my Mac and Windows Movie maker on my PC

Great idea!! How did it work?

I downloaded WB this summer. I was able to make a few good premixes. It worked great! Then I started having issues, and I stopped trying to make premixes. Fast forward to now, and I'm trying to use it with the new workouts, and WB won't even come up on my PC! :mad: It stays stuck with a blank screen that says "don't move files" or something to that manner.

I came to the Forum to look for solutions, but I just don't have time to waste on trying to fix this problem......... :(

Last edited:
Windows Movie Maker works really well. iMovie was taking forever to import the clips, so I just aborted the mission. Most likely because Cathe's digital downloads are actually windows files.
But, I will definitely use Movie Make for this!!! :D

Windows Movie Maker works really well. iMovie was taking forever to import the clips, so I just aborted the mission. Most likely because Cathe's digital downloads are actually windows files.
But, I will definitely use Movie Make for this!!! :D

Thanks for the reply! I'll have to try it this weekend. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.