Play Downloads from a USB Flash Drive??

lafnpoppy

Hi,
Before I purchase the Cycling DVD downloads, I would like know if the downloads can be played from a USB Flash Drive plugged directly in to a TV. The TV is at the gym at my workplace and is mounted on the wall. Plugging in a flash drive is my only option.

Thanks!
Terry

It would depend on the TV's capabilities. The downloads are MPEG-4 video files (.m4v). For them to play the television must have a program able to read this file type. I have an LG smart tv at home (the kind that has wifi and Netflix built in) and it will play from a flash drive with no problem. It's probably safe to assume that if the tv is new enough to be equipped with a USB drive, it can probably play most video types that might be on there.

Hi Terry,

I agree with what "Tootles" is saying. If a TV is a "smart TV" and has built-in online capabilities, more than likely it will be able to decode the video file from the flash drive and play it. However, many older TV's also contain USB ports for the purpose of diagnosis and updates and have no ability to play video files from them. Possibly ask the gym manager if their TVs can accomplish what you would like to do; I'm sure they'd be happy to let you know whether you have their permission to try it!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.