ok, I don't get why I would download anything?

alison13

Cathlete
I'm sure this makes sense, but I don't get it yet. If I have the DVD, why would I download anything?

What are you guys doing with these downloads?

Thanks,
Alison

I put workouts on my iPod for when I travel (and I travel for work extensively). My iPod hooks to my TV if I want a big screen view or my laptop if I want to view larger than the iPod screen. I don't have to store DVDs. What works for me may not work for anyone else however!

Susan

There are many reasons why a person would want to download a Cathe workout. Here are just a few:

- Instantly receive your purchase. No more waiting for your order to arrive.
- No shipping costs means you save money. This is very important for International customers.
- Easily take your video with when you travel or go on vacation.
- Take your workouts to the Gym. STS is a perfect workout to do this with as are our Ab workouts.
- Downloads are Green. If you're concerned about the environment downloads are the perfect Green product. No DVD cases, no disc, no shipping boxes or packing material, no transportation, etc.
-Less storage room for your Videos.
- Easily find the workout you want to do. No more searching for that DVD case.
- No more defective or scratched DVDs.
- Downloads are the Future. Just as DVDs replaced VHS and NetFlix is replacing Blockbuster, downloads will become how everyone eventually watches video. This will take time to happen, but eventually it will happen

I agree with SNM!

Movies are going that way too! I got WALL-E for Christmas when it came out and it came with a digital version. I downloaded that to my Mac network and now I watch it only on the computer wherever I go! No worries about dropping, scratching or breaking my dvd.

It is the wave of the future and it's already here!

There are many reasons why a person would want to download a Cathe workout. Here are just a few:

- Instantly receive your purchase. No more waiting for your order to arrive.
- No shipping costs means you save money. This is very important for International customers.

WOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D

I had anyway been considering converting all my dvds to digital format and chucking the media. The compactness of storage is an attractive proposition. I no longer use media for music and I long since got rid of my old CD media. The green argument SNM mentioned appeals to me. So I for one, am thrilled SNM is offering downoads now. The instant delivery and no shipping charges are great features for me as someone who lives overseas.

Another good reason to download, is that you can customize your workouts, once they get the workout blender up and running. This is a feature that I am anxiously awaiting. I recently started customizing my workouts. I started making up my own workouts. I like to do a 5 minute workout, 45 minutes of cardio, 20 minutes of weights with different body parts each day, and 5 minute cooldown. Right now, I am having to change out DVD's, but with the downloads, I can do the exercise non-stop.
Eva

oh no, that is scary. "downloads are the future"!! i don't even understand what all ya'll are talkin' about. so , how am i gonna do it?????? i'm pretty computer illiterate, and it took me forever to figure out how to program my VCR, then they come out w/DVD. LOL! i was that old lady on the commercial years ago calling her son at work to tell her how to program the VCR. that was a big joke around here. anyway, this is all greek to me.

SNM, I am concerned about the storage problem. If ever my computer crashes, or if I ever decide to change my iPhone to someting else, or simply lose it or it breaks -what happens to my downloads? Is there a way for a physical back up? For example -every DVD I buy now (blu ray) comes with a digital copy. This is great - but its even greater that I have the physical "carier" in case I lose the digital version in case of a device malfunction. If we had a guarantee that we'd be able to re-download from you anything we've already purchased in the past in case of a loss, that would settle all my worries.

SNM, I am concerned about the storage problem. If ever my computer crashes, or if I ever decide to change my iPhone to someting else, ..............

You could backup your Cathe downloads to an external hard drive or to CD/DVD media.

Cathe/SNM
Please don't go exclusively to downloads anytime soon! Those of us on satellite internet connections wouldn't be able to take advantage of the downloads - stupid Fair Access Policies put limits on the amount of data that can be downloaded each day.

I have an iPod touch and I do travel for work though, so I might try a couple downloads - IF they are less than 375 MB, that is!

We have a MediaGate so anything we download plays straight on the TV. Downloads are FANTASTIC! I just got Basic Step on Amazon and waited three weeks for it to get to Australia. Downloads are instant and cheaper when I don't have to pay shipping. Offering all workouts as downloads is a great idea... it will make me spend more on new workouts for sure! Usually I would just live with the ones I have to save money.

At the risk of sounding "out of it"...

We have a MediaGate so anything we download plays straight on the TV. Downloads are FANTASTIC!...

what is MediaGate? Sounds cool.

(I'm usually slow on the take w/new technology. I hardly use my iPod and I get my 12 yr old son to download when I do want to add stuff to it!)

I have a video card in my laptop and I can also play directly to the TV using the Itunes player. No Ipod needed.

You could backup your Cathe downloads to an external hard drive or to CD/DVD media.

I worry about this also. I have an extra hard drive in my PC that's not connected to "whatever" so it would be safe in case of a crash (sorry, don't know the terms). I have thought of putting them on CD/DVD media too, but with my recent problem of 3 1/4" floppies going bad with digital pics I was trying to get, I'm a bit apprehensive of doing this kind of back up.

I was thinking, though.....when I buy a download from iTrain.com, my download stays in MY PERSONAL DOWNLOAD list and I can download it at anytime. I'm not sure what the requirements for something like that would be for SNM, but it just popped into my head.

Gayle

Two things:
1. You should always back up your entire CPU regularly, just in case. You can buy a decent sized USB hard drive cheap, and refresh that data every so often in case you need to restore.
2. There are a number of free software programs that you can download that will convert your DVDs to .mp4 already. I've gone through my Cathe's and converted the premixes that I like to get them on my iPod for travel. So unless it's a new workout, or one that I don't have, I don't see the need to pay for the same workout 2x, just to have it digital.

I love the idea, though! And I will use it for things I don't have. I just won't be re-buying anything.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.