My thoughts about the "free" shock cardio download

Worknprogress

Cathlete
I used to be pretty computer savvy but have been out of the workforce for over 7 years now. That's a long, long time in the technology world.
I'll admit I am not very confident that I will be able to download, convert, etc., any of the workouts.

I am thrilled with the "free" shock cardio download with a preorder so I do not have to pay for one and then realize I can't do it or just not care for the download option at this time for whatever reasons. If I am successful with the download and converting to a DVD (because I like the convenience of a DVD and only have the IPod Nano) than I could then choose whether or not I wanted to purchase any more workouts via download or DVD.

Any one else having these same thoughts? Anybody else not feeling confident to convert these downloaded files to a DVD?

I do appreciate this freebie and who knows, maybe this will help get me up with the times??? Because I really envy those of you that know exactly what Chris (SNM) is talking about with all of these abbreviations and configurations, etc.

I think the whole download thing is excellent and will be fabulous. I hope it will be like the way my daughters buy their music on iTunes. It is so nice not having to open the cases etc. Just the thought that I will have no more bad dvd's which really bother me, makes me happy. You know I have some that will play in one of my dvd players but will not in the other one, which makes it a pain when you have to haul dumbells and steps up the stairs in order to do the workout.
However, it will take some time before I can utilize the system. I need to buy cords, ipod, free up space on a computer etc. I also am wondering how one will do a premix..like a ME/BC premix...I for one have been waiting for my ME vhs to wear out then I was going to buy the ME/BC dvd, I would much rather buy the download, but then I do not know how to get the option of the two workouts together and I have been looking forward to doing those premixes for a long time. I think Cathe is very very smart to move in this direction. I do trust Cathes customer service on this also. Her company has been around for a long time so I am sure if there is a problem they will be on it immediately. They seem to be so smart on all this electronic stuff. It will just take some time for me to get it altogether to be able to use it. I am just going to take one step at a time towards switching over. Peggy

I forgot to answer your question, lol...I am not confident at all on how to take a file convert it and then burn it on a dvd. I do not even know where to start with that. I want to just buy the cords so no matter where I am at in my house I can just plug in a ipod and view it on a tv. Peggy

That's the problem I have always had - burning DVD's and then they work on one DVD player and not another one. I just assumed I am doing something wrong. I wonder why they do that.

I agree that Cathe definitely should go in this direction - it is the way of the future. I just feel behind and need to get my butt in gear and get more technology savvy.

I have a Nano Generation 4 - I am not even sure if I can download these files into it and then plug it into the tv! Like I said, I am sooo behind with the latest gizmos! I have them but don't quite know how to use them to the fullest potential.

@ Worknprogress & poohpeggy: Your fourth generation iPod nano will support our video with no problem. Please be sure to view our PDF tutorial (http://www.cathedownloads.com/files/iPod-iPhone-and-Television-Tutorial.pdf) on how to accomplish each step in the process from copying the file onto your iPod to buying and connecting the cables to your television. We tried to make the tutorial as comprehensive as possible while still remaining easy to understand.

As far as copying to DVDs, we have used a file format that does not require any conversion for use in most portable devices such as the iPod and Zune, but our intention is not to provide a format for burning to DVD. Our CatheDownload files are meant to supplement our DVDs in providing an easy way to travel with your videos and provide a portable file format for the gym, work, or vacation. While the downloads contain chapter points, they do not have premixes or any of the special features that we incorporate into our DVDs.

Curt ? please

Curt, is there or will there be a way to do premixes like ME/BC ? How does that work? Do I have to buy both ME and BC and make my own? Is there a tutorial for that? Also, can I buy a seperate external hard drive and just put cathes workouts on that?

I did find legit "Apple" cords in stock at our local Meijer store for the same price as the Apple website. I am happy about that. Saves time and money.

I just want to say since my older daughter has been reading all your info for me, she has become so excited that she can now watch the movies from her ipod on tv once we purchase the cord. Thank You for that..you have made a 16 year old girl teenager very unexpectedly happy!

Thank You...Peggy

Unfortunately, iPods don't support Premixes so there is no way to do a premix on an iPod. This is why we're developing the Workout Blender which will make this possible.

Curt,

Something akin to premixes can be achieved with the ipod downloadable videos if a workout video were split into multiple physical files (each chapter being its own physical video file). Video playlists can then provide the same functionality as a premix. People would also be able to create their own premixes if you split a workout into multiple files.

@ Vee: Yes, Vee, you are absolutely correct with your thinking. The Workout Blender which we are developing will deal with individual chapters in order to create premixes in that way, but for now if we provided our videos in this manner it would be simply overwhelming to the end user. Even though a workout may have, say, 10 chapter points visible, there could be hundreds of invisible chapter points that are needed to support the premixes. We are still investigating the most transparent and easy way to handle this logistical nightmare. The Workout Blender is our solution, but is quite complicated in its implementation and will be pretty amazing when released!

@ poohpeggy: Glad we could help you and make your daughter happy, too! Yes, as it stands now you would need to purchase ME & BC, but there is no easy way to create the premixes. The Workout Blender we are developing is the answer to what you are requesting, but it is still under active development. And yes, you can purchase an external hard drive to store your CatheDownloads on, but if you use iTunes to manage your videos, you will have to move your entire iTunes library over to the external drive. Follow these two documents from Apple to accomplish this:

1st: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1751
2nd: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1589

Hope this helps!

Sorry if these questions was already asked...

How much will the Workout Blender cost, or is it free?
When will the WO Blender be available? Will there be releases to test it first?

Hey guys

I have downloaded 15 videos (I'm from Canada and this is a prefect option for me!). When I am in iTunes and looking through the chapters in the drop down the places aren't always were the chapter actually starts. Sometimes it is too early, many times it takes you to behind one chapter. For example: The Cross Train Express - Leaner Legs. The when you actually click on the chapters they are one behind.

This may be a big problem for when you implement your WO Blender. I am really looking forward to that! (the workout blender... not you guys having problems)

Just an FYI
Heather

@lightening16: We are looking into the chapter problems in Cross Train Xpress - Leaner Legs and will post a reply to this forum for you when we have them corrected. If you encounter other issues like this, please don't hesitate to let us know. We strive for the best product possible, so thank you for bringing it to our attention.

We are re-encoding all of the workouts from the Cross Train XPress disc 2 because of the "stuttering" and A/V sync issues. We have fixed the chaptering problems, but could not repair the sync issue without re-encoding all of the files. It seems to stem from a corruption in the disc mastering on the dual-layer DVD master files. We will keep you and others updated on this and let you know when you can re-download the corrected files. Thank you for your patience while we resolve this!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.