Help with downloading

labnick

Cathlete
Up until now I have had no issues at all with workout blender and have created many workouts.

This is what is going on...my external hard drive was about to crash so I transferred all my downloads. Then the workout blender could not find the files since I had moved them. So I uninstalled WB and deleted all the videos from my computer that I created. I reinstalled WB however it is just a blank screen with a little window that says importing your cathe video information. And it does nothing else no matter how long I let it run.

Please advise me as to what I am to do.

Thank you!

Hi labnick,

When you uninstalled the Workout Blender, did you follow the instructions included in our thread about uninstalling it? (If not, I have copied it below for you to try.) If you just trashed the application or deleted it, that would cause the symptoms you are describing. Let me know if this works for you.

How to Completely Uninstall the Workout Blender

WARNING Please note that you will have to re-import your videos and re-create your workouts since this resets your Workout Blender. If you have workout videos successfully created already, you can easily save your "premix" workout videos themselves by dragging them out of your Workout Blender Videos folder and into iTunes or any other folder on your computer BEFORE starting this process. You will not be able to edit these existing workout videos, however, unless you re-create them like you did originally using the Blender.

WINDOWS

1. Exit the Workout Blender, then open your Control Panels and choose "View by: Small Icons" in the upper right corner.

2. Click to open "Folder Options"

3. Click on the "View" tab at the top of the Folder Options window that opens.

4. Under "Hidden files and folders" in the list of Advanced Settings that appears, click on "Show hidden files, folders, and drives", then click "Apply" at the bottom of the window.

5. Leave the window open since you will need to reverse this process in a minute.

6. Navigate to the folder: "Your Hard Drive" > Users > "Your User Name" > AppData > Roaming and drag the folder "Cathe" into the Recycle Bin and you can close all the folders you opened.

7. Go back to the "Folder Options" window and check "Don't show hidden files, folders, or drives", click "Apply" and close the window. You can also close your Control Panels.

8. Restart your computer, then when it is done restarting launch Workout Blender and attempt to import and/or create a new video.

MAC

1. Exit the Workout Blender.

2a. If you are in a version of Mac OS X that is prior to Lion, navigate to the folder: "Your Hard Drive" > Users > "Your User Name" > Library > Preferences > cathe

2b. If you are in Lion or newer, step 2 is a bit more involved. Apple decided to hide the Library folder in these versions of OS X, so you will need to do a bit of old-fashioned command line programming. Go to your Utilities folder inside your Applications folder and launch Terminal. Once the grey block cursor appears (it will be after your user name and $), carefully type chflags nohidden ~/Library/ and hit return. Quit out of Terminal and you should now be able to navigate here: "Your Hard Drive" > Users > "Your User Name" > Library > Preferences > cathe (NB - if you would like to make the folder invisible again, in Terminal type chflags hidden ~/Library/ )

3. Drag the folder "cathe" into the Trash and you can close all the folders you opened.

4. Restart your computer, then when it is done restarting launch Workout Blender and attempt to import and/or create a new video.

Thank you so much! Going to try this tonight. I did not follow the instructions. Never even realized they were posted and I am sure it is in plain site.:eek: I had just uninstalled as I do with most programs. I certainly have printed out these instructions and filed away!

I will let you know how I make out. Thank you so much. I have been lost with out my WB!!:D

Glad it is working for you again! By the way, I saw that you re-posted your question on the other forum thread one minute before I posted the response to your original post. Too bad I didn't hit the post button a few seconds earlier! (I have deleted the re-post just to avoid redundancy.)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.