Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Cathe's Newest and Upcoming Workouts

Cathe's Newest and Upcoming Workouts This forum contains the latest information and posts about Cathe’s latest and upcoming workouts

XTrain Ride!!!

This is a discussion on XTrain Ride!!! within the Cathe's Newest and Upcoming Workouts forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Originally Posted by Pam_90 Labnick--Would DH go for --"Look what I found when I was cleaning out the garage!" I ...

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam_90 View Post
Labnick--Would DH go for --"Look what I found when I was cleaning out the garage!" I just bought a stand for my mtn bike, less $ and didn't take much more room than the bike was (well it is now in the living room instead of the garage ;=)). Reviews also mentioned the added benefit of being use to the mtn bike come spring (which is my main reason for indoor biking).

Did my first workout with it yesterday, an fairly easy virtual ride DVD. A great person is sending me Cathe's Cycle Max. I also want to get the XTrain Ride. I didn't order the set with Ride, as I never thought I wanted a indoor bike.
when you said you bought a stand for your ntm bike, do you mean a fluid trainer? like the ones that lock in back tire and you can shift and ride like normal on it? never thought of that.. works like a spin? just adjust/shift gears to add resistance?
Old 02-06-2013, 08:26 AM
Catheite

Thats what I got and I really like it. Not high-tech, you use your regular gears and can also increase the resistant by tightening the wheel that the rear tire rides on, to make the ride harder. I plan to slowly increase the resistance by tightening this screw, sorta like increasing the weight in an exercise!

Here's what I ordered: for $93.82 with free shipping.

Amazon.com: Bell Motivator Mag Indoor Bicycle Trainer: Sports & Outdoors

I also got, as I have slippy floors, (and glad I did, as the front wheel slip some without it) for $11.99 with free shipping.

Amazon.com: Sunlite Forza Riser Block Gray: Sports & Outdoors

ETA: The knobby tires on the bike, do make the ride noisy. I turn the TV up louder and don't notice the loudness of the tires or the TV once I start riding. Might get a smooth tire, just to use for indoor riding.

Last edited by Pam_90; 02-06-2013 at 08:36 AM..
Old 02-06-2013, 08:28 AM
Cathlete
Jenniferlove's Profile Fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by nckfitheart2009 View Post
The issue i have to face is I am not consistent in Riding---I did it pass years not consistently. I then end up going through the pain over and over again.
The pain stops when there is consistency
I caved and switched to a super nice and padded gel seat for my spin bike... it was the bike seat I used on my regular bike. My ride is much more comfortable now
Maybe that would help you, too!