Worth it for a low-impacter to buy Intensity?

AnneMA

Cathlete
I would love to buy Intensity, but my knees can't take high impact. I'm happy to modify workouts, as long as I don't have to modify the whole DVD from beginning to end. I saw in the clip there are some low impact moves, but can't tell how much of it. Any input on if it would still be a good workout modified for low or how much modifying would be required, would be much appreciated.

I am also a low impacter (bad knees). I purchased Intensity and absolutely love it. There isn't anything you can't modify in the main workout. I do sumo squats instead of plyo jacks, for example. Plus the low impact hiit if wonderful! I'm so thankful to Cathe for including this. The DVD has great premixes that allow you to change up the workout in lots of ways to make it very flexible. I highly recommend it. It's fun, fun, fun and a great workout. Buy it!

I would love to buy Intensity, but my knees can't take high impact. I'm happy to modify workouts, as long as I don't have to modify the whole DVD from beginning to end. I saw in the clip there are some low impact moves, but can't tell how much of it. Any input on if it would still be a good workout modified for low or how much modifying would be required, would be much appreciated.

I have had back issues for 2 months now and am findig I can modify everything in the new series! Its truly a great series and Intensity is so much fun with awesome music that it helps you feel like you are working out just like the crew, even when modified. You'll not regret getting this one for sure!

Intensity is amazing!! I have terrible
Knees and modify as much as possible it is one of the most fun wokouts I've done yet. Low impact hiit is the best thing I gave myself for Christmas. Not that I was going to wait til then to try it. So worth the money. I got it three days ago and have done it twice already. It's addicive in a great way.

Which chapters make up the premix for Low-Impact HiiT?

I already asked Cathe for this, but she's so busy right now, that it will prob have to wait a whie. For those of us who've chosen downloads instead of DVD's, there's no way to know which chapters are included in the premixes. I'd especially love to know what makes up the Low-Impact HiiT, if anyone could figure that out for me. TIA!

Annie

OK, I don't do downloads, so I'm not sure exactly what you are asking. The low impact Hiit is part of the Intensity workout. It has the warm up, then step, then some blasts, then it goes to high impact hiit, then to low impact hiit, then continues on to the stretch. The boot camp is an bonus add on. Does that answer your question? The various premixes combine step with high impact hiit or step with low impact hiit, etc.

I did this quickly, this is the premix 4 Step + Hiit (Lo) + Boot Camp

Chapters are all from the Intensity download except Bootcamp that is from the bootcamp dowload.

Warm up Intensity Chapter 1
Step segment Intensity Chapter 2
UP the intensity Intensity Chapter 3
Low impact HIIT Intensity Chapter 5
Bootcamp Bootcamp Chapter 1
Stretch Intensity Chapter 6

Have fun this is a good one...

Thanks for the great info

Thanks everyone for the input. With money so tight right now, I wanted to be diligent in checking it out before I made the purchase. Now I can't wait!:D

I just did this premix, step, HIIT (low), followed by bootcamp...wow, I LOVED it! Man, the step is really fun and keeps that HR right up there. I really like the order of this premix, too. It is great to get the step first, and end with the bootcamp...but no surprise, Cathe really knows how to put a workout together. I also used my firewalker bands for the first time doing firewalkers and WOW did I lOVE it! Funny how much nicer it was than tying up the old band...I think because it doesn't pinch the skin with the firewalker. If you put the band over long pants, then it probably doesn't matter much. But I live in Hawaii and don't have ac in my place so I never workout in long pants. Capris are even hot to work out in most days, so it is great to have the firewalker option.

I was intimidated about trying this workout as it has been a few months since I have worked out; this is my first week back to working out. But after reading all of the positive comments I decided to bite the bullet and do it. I feel great! Can't wait to do it again!

I have to say that I think these workouts of Cathe's are such a good deal! Not only are the workouts amazing, but there are so many premixes that it is really like each dvd is like getting ~ 7 workouts! And they are all great! Really and truly a bargain and worth every single penny!

Last edited:
OK, I don't do downloads, so I'm not sure exactly what you are asking. The low impact Hiit is part of the Intensity workout. It has the warm up, then step, then some blasts, then it goes to high impact hiit, then to low impact hiit, then continues on to the stretch. The boot camp is an bonus add on. Does that answer your question? The various premixes combine step with high impact hiit or step with low impact hiit, etc.

We're talking about two different types of technology here. Both are digital; however, downloads can be used in conjunction with the Workout Blender to form an unlimited amount of premixes, by taking the chapters you want to use and moving them around, in whatever order you choose. In case you don't understand what chapters are, think of them as chapters in a book and the download or DVD being the book. Because downloads aren't fixed, like a DVD is, you can move chunks of them (chapters) around to suit your fancy. Hope that helps.

That is so generous of you, Jann! I'm thinking either an Intensity HiiT Low-Impact (Premix 4, 6, or 9) or Pre-Mix 1, 2, 3, or 4 (your choice) for Drill Max. Thank you so much!!

That's okay, Jann - you're gonna keep me plenty busy for a while with the Intensity Premixes you posted. Anything else you think I might like, feel free to post those. I'd really appreciate it.

Annie

I did the step/low-impact HIIT premix yesterday, and kept the impact low(er). Very easy to modify, as the choreo isn't complex (it's more 'athletic'). The music is great, and Cathe is very motivating.

One move that I have a suggestion for is the reverse ricochet : I never do ricochet moves--in fact, I HATE them, not just because of the impact, but because of the possible torque. Instead, an 'over-the-top, tap down, over-the-top, face front and jack (or do a 'low jack") substitutes perfectly, with the exact timing.

I did the step/low-impact HIIT premix yesterday, and kept the impact low(er). Very easy to modify, as the choreo isn't complex (it's more 'athletic'). The music is great, and Cathe is very motivating.

One move that I have a suggestion for is the reverse ricochet : I never do ricochet moves--in fact, I HATE them, not just because of the impact, but because of the possible torque. Instead, an 'over-the-top, tap down, over-the-top, face front and jack (or do a 'low jack") substitutes perfectly, with the exact timing.

Thanks for the great tip on this modification! I can't do the ricochet's either because of the impact and twisting(hurts my back). I usually just do a 'two-knee repeater and low jack'. Your modification is much more fun and interesting :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.