Weight for STS Total Body

elsie3

Cathlete
I just finished a round of STS in January, so I was thinking I was good to go--printed off my workout card, loaded up my barbell, and WHOA!:eek: I sure wasn't going to be completing 16 reps at that weight! Squats and lunges were fine, but I had to decrease the weight on everything else--sometimes dramatically. After going through it once, I think I've got a handle on the correct weight I should use, but it sure was different than what I was lifting in STS--as in NOT 65% of my 1RM.

Anyone else experience this? I don't mind going lighter because of the rep speed and number, but I was surprised that I was so off. Irregardless, it's a fabulous workout!

Felt that way in December both with that one STS TB & High Reps, like I was going too light, but every time I did them I got a great workout. Then during Gym Styles at the beginning of this month, I went heavier than I had ever gone, and it too was a great workout(s).

Go figure! That Cathe, keeps you on your toes, muscles guessing!...:)

I just finished STS in Feb. Decided to do STS TB & High Reps for a few weeks before restarting STS. Wow. what a surprise. I know 16 reps is a lot more than 8 so I downsized but not enough on a couple moves. As Cathe says, keep those muscles guessing!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.