STS total body..

grad2010

Cathlete
Hi, Cathe, I finally did the STS total body workout as design and I am very pleased. However, I noticed that there is just a couple of exercises for the biceps and triceps. Is there any particular reason why those seem to be lacking in comparsion to the other body parts? Or is it just my imagination? Thanks, Veronica

She actually addresses this on the back of the dvd cover and why she favored using more compound exercises.

Oh ok, thanks. I will check the dvd cover (back). Since I have both dvd's and the downloads, I didnt bother to read the back. Thanks again, Veronica

:) I did this workout for the first time today and I gotta say that it is my favorite out of the four!!:D yep its hard:eek: but I love it , has all the right flow and cueing (sp?) i love how the moves repeat themselves so you can geta better feel for them. I gotta remeber to do the abs first one day cuz by the end I'm pooped:p Thanks for a great dvd.

:eek:Is the Sts series like this? it is on my x-mas list- if so I'm even more excited!!!!!!!!

Glad your enjoying STS. I like the pace too. Feels a little cardiovascular in some spots which really gets good blood flow to the muscles. I also like that with the second set you know what's coming, how its going to feel and just how hard to apply yourself as a result. Keep training hard.

STS Series is a cross between Meso One and Two in pace. I think you will really love all the leg discs in Meso 2 if you like STS Total Body! Good Luck with the program when you get it.

:) I did this workout for the first time today and I gotta say that it is my favorite out of the four!!:D yep its hard:eek: but I love it , has all the right flow and cueing (sp?) i love how the moves repeat themselves so you can geta better feel for them. I gotta remeber to do the abs first one day cuz by the end I'm pooped:p Thanks for a great dvd.

:eek:Is the Sts series like this? it is on my x-mas list- if so I'm even more excited!!!!!!!!

Today is the first day my legs aren't sore from doing STS Total Body FOUR days ago!!!

I must've gone too light on the upper body weights, because I didn't really get any upper body DOMS. I'll make up for it next time!

This is a great total body workout, and in an hour too. Woo!

All-in-one

Hmm, I didn't get sore from this the way High Reps hit me.

Anyway, for those of us who don't want or can't afford the STS series, I love that we can get an STS-like workout in one DVD and in one hour. Thanks Cathe!

Betty

Hi

I'm in the UK. Please advise me why after the stretch there are other supersets? Are these included in the whole workout or are they parts of the bits that make up the premixes. Sorry if I sound dumb lol.

Laura

Compound Only Exercises

There really are not any superset exercises after the stretch. When you do the main STS Total Body workout you will find that it ends when the stretch ends. What you're referring to is the compound only exercises that are used in the Compound Only premix. This is a premix for people who only want to do compound only exercises and also have a shorter workout. The compound only exercises appear after the stretch in the chapters menu so you can select them separately, but they are not in the main program.

I did STS Total Body for the second time today. I really am enjoying this DVD. I did the compound only pre-mix. I like that pull-ups are included in this pre-mix! Don't ask me why but after I finished the compound only pre-mix, I went back and did the isolation exercises and the bonus burn segments. I guess that I am a glutton for punishment! I also love that this DVD has great pre-mixes.

The pace of this workout is right on target! Yes, as Cathe mentioned above- I did notice the cardio-vascular component in some segments!

Great Workout!

I did this w/o for the second time today too. It was admittedly the work out I was the least excited about when I pre-ordered the series (don't get me wrong, I was excited but just more so about the others!) but WOW! It's quickly becoming one of my faves! :D

I did STS Total Body for the second time today. I really am enjoying this DVD. I did the compound only pre-mix. I like that pull-ups are included in this pre-mix!

I haven't done the compound only premix, I didn't realize there are exercises included in it that aren't in the main program. Gonna do this premix next! :D

I am doing this for the 4th time today, just love this workout. I've not done any of the premixes, so this is great to know and will check this out...thanks!

Hi

Thanks SNM for clarifying that for me. I can't wait to try that soon. I did the full STS workout up to the stretch today and loved it. I'm looking forward to doing Intensity again tomorrow as cardio as I love this new cardio workout. Then its Lower body blast on Saturday.

Laura

Love the STS total body

I am doing the December 10 rotation so have tried 3 of the 4 new workouts, and will do the 4th, high reps today. The STS total body is definitely a challenge, and I love the music and the whole presentation. The STS series was one of the best purchases I have ever made, and it made me a believer in this system. Up until I did the series, I favored aerobic exercise, but never saw the results I saw with STS (and now rotations that include strength at least 3 times a week).

By the way, I love the music in this whole new series. I think music in all of Cathe's workouts, old and new, is consistently motivating for me anyway!
Thank you Cathe!

Thanks Carol. Back in my mid 20's I too favored cardio over strength and did very little strength training. Cardio kept my weight down but I didn't see the significant changes that I saw once I added weight training in on a regular basis. Now I do half the cardio I used to do and am in much better shape overall. Weight training has become my body's furnace. It keeps my metabolism rev'd, my muscles burning calories all day long, my body fat low and my bone density high. Can't ask for a better package :D

PS...I really like the music on this series too. We had it custom created and plan to continue to do this for all of our future projects.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.