Sliding/Gliding Discs in Lower Body Blast?

workoutqueen

Cathlete
Good evening everyone,

Does anyone know where I can purchase the discs that are used in this workout? My Gliding Discs need to be replaced as I have had them for quite some time. I like the looks of the discs that are used in this workout! I looked through Cathe's online catalog and they don't seem to be offered for sale.

I really enjoyed this workout! I think it has something for everybody. I love the combination of weight and barre work!

TIA,
Katrina

Another option would be to get the furniture sliders.. I bought 4 of those pretty cheap at BB&B and they work perfectly!

I bought Valslides at Target a few years ago when STS was first announced. I love them and they definitely work better then paper places but they were over priced IMO. I think I paid like $25.00 for them! :eek:

Thanks for the idea about the furniture sliders. I have tried the paper plates but I am tearing those up and I have the thick durable ones. I want to get 2 sliders because I have seen people do planks or mountain climbers with disc to isolate the lower body and work the abs.

Thanks for the ideas ladies. I'll have to look into the furniture sliders, very interesting idea! I'll also checkout the Valslides.
Katrina

I don't have the discs either but just used an old rag. I felt the burn in the standing legs during the exercise. Does the leg that is pushing and pulling on the disc also get a workout with a proper disc?

You may be able to substitute some things you already have on hand:

If you work out on wood floors, you can use a rag or microfiber cloth or put a sock over your shoe.

I you work out on carpeting, you can use a paper plate or a frisbee.

I have several types of gliding discs, including Valslides. If you are considering getting those, just get the rectangular furniture sliders instead. They are EXACTLY the same thing, with two small exceptions: Valslides are green rather than white, and Valslides have a slight inward curve on the side edges. Oh, and Valslides cost about 4x as much!

Last edited:
You may be able to substitute some things you already have on hand:

If you work out on wood floors, you can use a rag or microfiber cloth or put a sock over your shoe.

I you work out on carpeting, you can use a paper plate or a frisbee.

I have several types of gliding discs, including Valslides. If you are considering getting those, just get the rectangular furniture sliders instead. They are EXACTLY the same thing, with two small exceptions: Valslides are green rather than white, and Valslides have a slight inward curve on the side edges. Oh, and Valslides cost about 4x as much!

Excellent idea on using the frisbee. Gonna check for these at the dollar tree.;)

Thanks for the information! I do have a question that may not be that important but this is the first time I've done workouts with the discs. I have carpet. I tried paper plates-harder to move. And a frisbee-very easy almost to slidey to move.
My question is it better to have more or less movement/resistance when your sliding the disc. With the paperplate I cant quite keep up and with the frisbee I feel I almost slide down to far? :D thanks

Thanks for the information! I do have a question that may not be that important but this is the first time I've done workouts with the discs. I have carpet. I tried paper plates-harder to move. And a frisbee-very easy almost to slidey to move.
My question is it better to have more or less movement/resistance when your sliding the disc. With the paperplate I cant quite keep up and with the frisbee I feel I almost slide down to far? :D thanks
I think it sometimes depends on the move, but for many moves, the 'working' leg is the non-sliding leg, so having more movement in the sliding leg is better (you don't need resistance in the sliding leg). In fact, having a sliding leg that 'sticks' could potentially lead to knee problems, as it could put torque on the knee.

The goal is that you want to glide down as smoothly as possible without friction. But as a newbie to sliding discs, take your time with this slippery surface/motion and go down (not too deep) very controlled with good form and technique. Once you master your balance and sliding technique you can go a little deeper and faster if desired but don't rush the learning curve. Safety and excellent form is everything!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.