Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Cathe's Newest and Upcoming Workouts

Cathe's Newest and Upcoming Workouts This forum contains the latest information and posts about Cathe’s latest and upcoming workouts

Running and Low Impact DVD Rotation

This is a discussion on Running and Low Impact DVD Rotation within the Cathe's Newest and Upcoming Workouts forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; It's probably too soon to ask how these new DVDs will fit into a running week but I'm curious to ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CathyV

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2011, 12:23 PM
CathyV's Profile Fields

Default Running and Low Impact DVD Rotation

It's probably too soon to ask how these new DVDs will fit into a running week but I'm curious to see how you ladies will work them in to your routines. I will definitely be including the yoga and spinning workouts into my week. The spinning DVDs that came with my bike are sooooo boring I don't even use them and although I have quite a few Yoga DVDs, they're just OK. None of them really stands out for me. I know Cathe's new workouts will be a homerun! I can't wait to try her spinning and yoga workouts. If anyone can motivate me, it's Cathe Friedrich and all of you other dedicated home exercisers!

I've been pre-ordering since the 90s and I love this feeling of waiting for a new tape or DVD to arrive in the mail. I hope my package comes within the next few days! Enjoy your new workouts, ladies (and gentlemen).
Becki0214 likes this.
Old 10-23-2011, 03:51 PM
Catheite
Repo's Profile Fields

I would love see a rotation with LIS and running....and maybe a touch of STS
Old 10-24-2011, 03:09 PM
CathyV's Profile Fields

Default My package came!

I just received my order. It came in a Priority Mail box. I can't wait to try out the new routines!! I'm especially curious about the spinning DVD...Cathe looks somethin' fierce on the cover!!!
Old 10-25-2011, 11:18 AM
Cathlete
RapidBreath's Profile Fields

How much running do you want to do every week? C25k or a 10k or 1/2 marathon or just incorporating some runs into your schedule?
Old 10-25-2011, 02:25 PM
Cathlete
buneknek's Profile Fields

Send a message via AIM to buneknek

This is my week schedule like:
Mon: Slide & disc
Tues: Running 7 miles
Wed: Athletic trng
Thurs: Running 5-6 miles with hill trng
Fri: Cardio superset
Sat: 5K race

Next weekend will be my half marathon race. So I'll take it easy then.
Old 10-26-2011, 02:56 PM
CathyV's Profile Fields

I've reduced my running to 3 - 4 days per week, but each running day has a specific purpose (Distance, tempo run, intervals and maybe an E-Z day, depending on how I feel). I've been alternating Muscle Max and Pyramid Lower and Upper Body, Lower Body Blast and various other strength tapes on non-running days and a yoga tape at least once/week (did I say tape? I'm dating myself!).

The Spinning Workout looks fantastic! I previewed it yesterday and I'm going to try it on Friday. Cathe gives plenty of form pointers and there's no cult-like, mystic vibe that seems to permeate the spinning DVDs that came with my bike! It's just Cathe and her gang having a great workout!

Enjoy the new series!!
Old 10-26-2011, 03:02 PM
CathyV's Profile Fields

@buneknek

Good luck on your half-marathon!!! I just ran a Rock n Roll 10K on Saturday and it was a lot of fun! I'm going to train for a half soon, I just haven't decided which one. Here in NYC, the 5 borough half marathons fill up very quickly!