ripped with hiit active recovery

Justinef

Cathlete
I'd love the new series to have abs work interspersed throughout the lifting- as active recovery between sets. I perform much better this way- when abs exercises are at the end of a tough workout, I throw myself at them, rather than doing them in a controlled way. Less down time too!

I agree with Clare. It's just too easy for me to get up and walk away when abs are stuck at the end of a workout. Justine's suggestion gets my vote.

Terrific suggestion! It also helps deal with the "ugh, I still have to do abs when this is over" feeling that I get when abs are stuck at the end of a workout video. Kelly Coffey Meyer incorporates standing core work as active recovery between sets in a couple of her videos. I love it because it gives the mind a break from the weights, but keeps the blood flowing and heart pumping in between sets.

I'd love the new series to have abs work interspersed throughout the lifting- as active recovery between sets. I perform much better this way- when abs exercises are at the end of a tough workout, I throw myself at them, rather than doing them in a controlled way. Less down time too!

I agree, have the ab workouts throughout the program and not just at the end.
Laura

Well I do them at the end with no issue. I guess I just consider them part of the whole workout and that I am not done yet. haha I even add them to workouts that don't have them. so for me either way is good.

Well I do them at the end with no issue. I guess I just consider them part of the whole workout and that I am not done yet. haha I even add them to workouts that don't have them. so for me either way is good.
funny that it shows me as a new member since I have been here since 2009. I guess its cause I don't talk much.

I would actually like to see more time between intervals for your heart rate to come down, so it's an actual interval! I find with Cathe that your heart rate stays up so high during the whole workout that it's more like a steady state cardio.

I like it either way. I even like that Cathe has been including abs as bonus workouts. As long as there is core work somewhere, I'm happy.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.