Pink boxing gloves....peeeeeew

ckanuckel

Cathlete
I ordered the same gloves the girls wear in hard strikes and omg they smell horrible!!! The smell like they've been soaked in a mothball solution if there was such a thing. I've had them outside airing out for 2 days and they still stink! This happen to anyone else. I can't even send them back cause there wasn't an invoice in the box. It makes me half sick to smell them so don't know how I'm going to use them and plus I'm afraid my hands are going to reek after wearing them. I'm so bummed :(

These will help

Mine didn't smell when I got them but after my workout they did. I actually got those little balls that you put in your sneakers and put them in the gloves and they did the trick! I am including a link for them at Sports Authority. I have a bunch of them and use them in my sneakers...now I have another use for them.
Sof Sole Sneakerball 6-Pack - Camo - SportsAuthority.com

And in case the link doesn't work they are called:
Sof Sole Sneakerball 6-Pack - Camo

pink gloves

so sorry to hear that. I am just going to use my fingerless karate gloves. Also pink.:) They are padded on the hands, we use them for sparring and I also use for heavy bag work. Hope they air out soon, wonder if febreeze would help.

I bought mine at Dick's Sporting Good's and they also stink. I think I saw someone commenting on that earlier. I like the idea of the sneaker balls; I will give that a try. Airing the gloves out did not help...

I got some red ones at Walmart, but I then found some at BJ's (a warehouse store) and they are PINK! The red ones are going back tomorrow. A great price too - only 15 dollars.

I got mine from sports academy and they were hanging in a mesh bag, they do not stink.. Maybe how they were sored?
But my son has stinky shoes and he found a trick sounds funny but u wash the sneakers dry them put them in a bag and store them in the freezer for 24 hours .. Gets rid of stinky... Sooo maybe if u put gloves in bad a store in freezer?

Pink Everlast ones from Amazon - no smell.

Can you sprinkle them with baking soda and put them in a zippy bag for a day or two? That might do it.

Nan

Yes, mine really stink! I had them hanging outside for three days to air out. It didn't help. My eyes were actually tearing up when I was wearing them. But, I just love working out in them! Many of the reviews on Amazon said they smelled, so I was prepared for it. I'm surprised that some people said theirs did not smell. I know I am very sensitive when it comes to smells.

Last edited:
It's very interesting to hear that they either stink or not. Wish I was one of the lucky ones that got the none smelling ones! Thanks for the suggestions

Mine came in a mesh bag too....and didnt smell. I took them right out and went to town on hardstrikes!!!! :D

I also bought mine at Sears last week and they don't stink! But my hands sure did sweat in them...so I imagine they will begin to smell eventually.:confused:

I got the pink Everlast gloves from Amazon too (in the mesh bag and all!) and mine stink to high heaven. I keep putting them outside in the sunshine to hopefully air out! Hubby said they smell like plastic; kids said they smell like mothballs.

Could also try sprinkling some baking soda in there. I haven't gotten a pair yet. I'm using weighted gloves. But now I know where to look. Thanks guys :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.