Music for new workouts

lala1

Cathlete
I noticed that Cathe is working on the music choices for the new workouts. The music choices are great with her Xtrain, but I have to admit that I really don't like that the lyrics have been changed. I'm singing along and all of a sudden realize that, hey, that's not how the song goes. It would be nice to use the authentic lyrics. Perhaps it's a matter of copyright? Am I the only one?

Music rights for video

I think everyone would like to have original lyrics including us, but that would cost millions of dollars and in many cases it would be impossible to negotiate the rights to the music at almost any price. Sound-a-likes are not exactly cheap to make either, but they're at least in a price range that is realistic and are a much better alternative to generic canned computer generated music. You just have to get over the song being different and having different lyrics.

Lol i dont mind at all really. I sing with it and it may not be the same but i cant tell im having a ton of fun.. And it keeps me going.

I definitely like the music choices in XTrain over how the music was done in LIS. We can't have everything, so we will certainly be happy with what we can get :D

To be honest, it never bothered me not having the originals. I've found Cathe's DVDs offered better music than most other instructors (except the first two original Powerstrike workouts---VHS tapes, never converted to DVD). Anything beat the schmarmy Spinervals music.

I am not very demanding for music. My preference is upbeat music ideally without lyrics. That is why my first choice is music played on 4DS. It really does get me going. Same for High rep music.

I definitely like the music choices in XTrain over how the music was done in LIS. We can't have everything, so we will certainly be happy with what we can get :D

I agree with this poster. I enjoy the music in XTRAIN, Cross Fire and To The Max. Hope the new ones are like these.

The lyrics don't bug me, since I am not familiar AT ALL with popular music anymore!!!:) (My family and I listen to contemporary Christian stations only now, i.e....KLOV and AirOne) But I have to say that there are a few TobyMac songs or SwitchFoot that would make some rockin' workout music too!

I think the music for XTrain is really cool and I enjoy it immensely. All the recent music in the workouts are new to me... However, I think I do recall maybe one or two 80's tunes that I recognized though, if I am not mistaken.

Music in the new Cathe videos

I agree with this poster. I enjoy the music in XTRAIN, Cross Fire and To The Max. Hope the new ones are like these.

All of the music for the new videos is along the same lines as the music for XTrain and CrossFire/To The Max. So, if you liked the music in these workouts you should also like the music in the new workouts.

The same company is producing the new music for the new videos that did Xtrain and CrossFire/To The Max. Cathe is selecting and supervising the production of every custom made song including the music, singers, and lyrics.

As a songwriter, I know what the copyright laws are, and just how expensive something like that can get. I know every song in the Cathe catalog that has sound-alikes and I can tell you from this perspective that I'm thrilled with what she's accomplished, using some of the same melodies, changing the lyrics so there's no copyright infringement, and then finding a singer who sounds like P!nk or Katy Perry or whomever. Brava, Cathe, great job!! I'm eagerly looking forward to the next set of workouts.:D

All of the music for the new videos is along the same lines as the music for XTrain and CrossFire/To The Max. So, if you liked the music in these workouts you should also like the music in the new workouts.

The same company is producing the new music for the new videos that did Xtrain and CrossFire/To The Max. Cathe is selecting and supervising the production of every custom made song including the music, singers, and lyrics.

Great news! Thank you for the info. Tell Cathe we appreciate all she does!

I like the new lyrics....in popular music the lyrics can get ugly....I would love to hear a clean version of "Candy Man" (Christina) really good upbeat song...but if I sing along...well the dog might learn a dirty word.

I like the new lyrics....in popular music the lyrics can get ugly....I would love to hear a clean version of "Candy Man" (Christina) really good upbeat song...but if I sing along...well the dog might learn a dirty word.

Haha funny ! But i like that song .. It would b a good song hum.

(My family and I listen to contemporary Christian stations only now, i.e....KLOV and AirOne) But I have to say that there are a few TobyMac songs or SwitchFoot that would make some rockin' workout music too!

TobyMac would be great! And Newsboys has some really good tunes that would be great for workouts too!!

Last edited:
Personally, I prefer the pop, rock, dance music Cathe's been using. Give me P!nk, Rihanna, and Katie Perry any day! Not only are they a great pair with the energy of the workouts, but I listen to z-100 in NY all the time, and I can sing along with everything Cathe chooses!

I'm not super picky about music, but I do love the music in BodyMax 2 and Low Impact Circuit. I really get into the routine because of it.
KC

Dont throw tomatos at me younger crowd, but i was doing a mix today,that had pat bennitar! Hit me with your best shot! And of course it had jessies girl in it like body max. I had a fun time!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.