Loving Flex Train

Soxy

Cathlete
Last night I preveiwed what I know will be my favorites (Greatest Hits, Rocking Party Step 1 & 2, X10, & Flex Train). Since it's a gorgeous day and I'm in a hurry to get outside for a bike ride, I decided to do Flex Train, Timesaver #3 pre-mix (39 minutes). Basically this was a cardio workout with compound exercises that emphasized the shoulders, back, and triceps. I used slightly less weight because I knew I would be awkward :eek: with some of the newer compound moves like cross back squats with weights flying overhead presses, sumo/plie`squats with one arm snatch, balancing one leg bicep curls, and planks with one arm-kickbacks. The compound exercises kept the heart rate up (if not you can always increase the weight :D). And, hello... sumos, bear crawls and pushups in the warm up!:eek:

As always Cathe and the gang are there smiling and motivating with great music, new outfits, and a fresh mix of challenging new & classic moves.

Marlo

Thanks for the review.

I have just viewed the workout and look forward to getting busy;)

How on earth Marlo can look so pretty and strong throughout the workout?:eek:
She is beautiful in that pony tail:):):)

Everyone look fab :):):)

Did anyone not get Greatest Hits ? I just got my dvd's and that one is missing . I emailed customer service , but I know how busy they are . BUMMER !

Hi Kate. Not sure if you ordered the greatest hits separately from your pre-order or not. But I added it in later when I found out it was going to be step greatest hits and I received it today. My pre-order is coming separately. I emailed Nancy in customer service earlier. Hope this helps

Debbie

I just did this one after Rockout Knockout and I love it. It is not easy, so be prepared. All the segments (except for the chest which is drop set pushups on the mat & burpee/pushups w/disks) are tough. I especially felt the shoulder segment---non-stop, I surrender type of burn, particularly the alternating dumbbell presses at the end. Don't be fooled and go heavy because I used 8s like Cathe and was dreading it. The back segment, particularly the part where you use the band, is great. Rows & band Ts. The tricep segment was my least favorite, mostly because I don't like the kickbacks in a plank position (I have to modify to table top position, particularly since I'm still recovering from serratus strain).

The core segment is great. You'll need one 8lber for this one. Enjoyed the variety here--you'll feel it. Nothing special about the stretch, but it's pretty comprehensive in terms of getting the entire body (stretches aren't hold long enough for my old geezer body, but that's nothing new).

Music was fun and happy. Took me back to my glory days (Don't You Want Me Baby and Stayin' Alive!). Cathe was great, gave form pointers & encouragement. The crew looked great, as well.

For dumbbells, Cathe used a 25 for rows (I used a 20--you do two sets of 16 reps for each side); 10s, 8s, and 5s. Aside from the 25lber, I was able to use the same weight as Cathe. You'll also needs disks, a medium tension band (Cathe's green one), green FW band, and a mat.

This is a terrific metabolic workout---your heartrate will be up and you will definitely find it challenging in terms of the strength training aspect. :):):):):) My rating is five smileys (perfect).

I did the same Flex Train premix this morning and WOW, I am not sure I would have been able to do the full workout. Really like all the new moves, gets your heart rate up for sure. I think this one may be my new "go to" favorite!

Flextrain is my favorite so far! Did this one this morning & I can't wait to do it again. Ditto to Swimmer's review. This is a tough, fast paced workout. Make sure you have your weights & bands ready (I also used 20's for the back rows instead of 25's). Everything gets worked, I especially remember my shoulder's, bi's, tri's and inner thighs burning. Core was great also, 8 min long. The tri kickbacks in a plank are always hard for me but there is a new move that I was having trouble mastering. May be since I have back problems that I can't move as fast as I used to. I'm determined to get these down because they look so cool. I don't know what they are, but you're holding weights & you put them down as you cross your leg back then stand up & do a raise. Everyone looks great and someone commented in one of these reviews that Marlo can squat really low - she gets low!

I don't know what they are, but you're holding weights & you put them down as you cross your leg back then stand up & do a raise. Everyone looks great and someone commented in one of these reviews that Marlo can squat really low - she gets low!

These are also in Lean legs &abs, so you have another chance to get good at them. There are a few of the Flex train moves that are also in Lean legs. The abs are almost the same except done in a different pattern. But loving everything so far.

Oh my! I know I'm going to be hurtin' tomorrow :eek:!
This was an exhilarating and challenging workout!!!! I could not keep up with Cathe and Crew and definitely have room to grow with this one. I certainly know where my weak spots are ;).
Plank kickbacks are pretty tough for me (I had to drop down to 6 lbs on the second set) and it didn't help that I got the giggles when the "Stayin' Alive" sound-a-like came on :rolleyes:!!!
Flextrain has left me soaked in "determination" and a bit on the trembly side too :D! Loved it!!!!

My weakness is the alternating shoulder presses, I used 5lbs, and tri. pushups, I suck at those. But I did love this one and felt that everything was worked and worked good.

I got the giggles when the "Stayin' Alive" sound-a-like came on :rolleyes:!!!

That was a hilarious version of Stayin Alive. It was so fast! Sounded like someone swallowed helium or it could have been Alvin and the Chipmunks doing their rendition of the song. :D

Last edited:
So would this not be a good choice to do the day after doing Great
glutes? I am trying to plan my w/o for tomorrow. My butt is already sore from GG!

I did it yesterday and Lean legs and abs the days before. I was fine doing it but now this morining, I am feeling my quads and really need stretching. So I'm not sure about Great Glutes, but I'm not going to do it after Lean legs anymore, esp. since some of the moves are the same in both workouts.

Nice review Swimmer, I concur! I did this this morning and the time just flew. The first two segments of X10 got my delts talking, Rockout Knockout - obliques, and Flextrain will have me hearing from the triceps tomorrow I'm sure. That core section is hard! bet that's going to whittle the middle.
I went light @ 5lbs and just used them both for the rows, didn't want her to hurt me too much the first time around.;)

I did it yesterday and Lean legs and abs the days before. I was fine doing it but now this morning, I am feeling my quads and really need stretching. So I'm not sure about Great Glutes, but I'm not going to do it after Lean legs anymore, esp. since some of the moves are the same in both workouts.

I put Great Glutes after Lean Legs in rotation, just for that reason, a double whammy. :eek: we'll see how that goes, ha.

I absolutely agree w/ the reviews here. Swimmer gave a great description. I liked the pace, it doesn't slow down. You just get right to it and don't stop. There is alot of variety too. Sometimes I used the same weight other times I went lighter. Hopefully over time I'll be able to use the same weight. The shoulder work was tough! I have tiny wrists and often have a hard time w/ push-ups so I modified. Cathe gave great form pointers and options to modify when needed. And the music.....yes it did sound like helium voiced "staying alive", I was smiling when I heard that. This is a straight forward, solid workout! Loved it!!

This was a another great full body workout with lots of work on the shoulders, and boy the tricep section was a killer!

Stomping my feet after this one!

I just did this one after Rockout Knockout and I love it. It is not easy, so be prepared. All the segments (except for the chest which is drop set pushups on the mat & burpee/pushups w/disks) are tough. I especially felt the shoulder segment---non-stop, I surrender type of burn, particularly the alternating dumbbell presses at the end. Don't be fooled and go heavy because I used 8s like Cathe and was dreading it. The back segment, particularly the part where you use the band, is great. Rows & band Ts. The tricep segment was my least favorite, mostly because I don't like the kickbacks in a plank position (I have to modify to table top position, particularly since I'm still recovering from serratus strain).

The core segment is great. You'll need one 8lber for this one. Enjoyed the variety here--you'll feel it. Nothing special about the stretch, but it's pretty comprehensive in terms of getting the entire body (stretches aren't hold long enough for my old geezer body, but that's nothing new).

Music was fun and happy. Took me back to my glory days (Don't You Want Me Baby and Stayin' Alive!). Cathe was great, gave form pointers & encouragement. The crew looked great, as well.

For dumbbells, Cathe used a 25 for rows (I used a 20--you do two sets of 16 reps for each side); 10s, 8s, and 5s. Aside from the 25lber, I was able to use the same weight as Cathe. You'll also needs disks, a medium tension band (Cathe's green one), green FW band, and a mat.

This is a terrific metabolic workout---your heartrate will be up and you will definitely find it challenging in terms of the strength training aspect. :):):):):) My rating is five smileys (perfect).

Omg I SO agree with a 5-star rating on this one. The core section was fantastic and its a simple workout in regards to what you need on hand. I am loving the music in this set of workouts, and this one especially! What a great all over workout for so many reasons you listed. I have never gushed over a non-STS workout ever, but it really put me on endorphin high. I predict this is going to be Cathe classic!

I'm so excited to try this workout it's killing me. I got my videos a few days ago, but sadly haven't been able to bust them out. I'm 9 mo pregnant and not able to workout like I was even a month ago. Guess these videos will get me motivated to get back in shape once baby comes! I can't wait to double knot my shoelaces and get back into it!

I did this one again today, and am on cloud 9. I love the quick turn around time to start the next segment. heart rate stayed up, but the moves were very control and effective. My upper body is tingling still. Def my fav right now. I plan to do it 2 more times this week. Very effective and great use of time AND it's a total body metabolic trng. love love love it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.