Lean Legs & Abs + bonus barre premix - Review

112toGuru

Cathlete
This clocks in at just over 60 minutes, but it really didn't seem that long at all.

Great warm up hitting the legs with lots of angles and light moves like you'll do in the workout.

Starting with the compound legs banner, right into overhead press and squat, forward lean lunges, back lunges with hammer curls and pulse, sumo squat with curls & overhead press, alternating side lunges with leg lifts (it's about right here I'm starting to question my coordination) haven't done this many new type Cathe moves and am certain that I've never done this many lunges in any workout, not for a long time, yet I'm not complaining, that will come later in the abs section, ha. There's an interesting front back lunge with a scissors switch I really like, back lunge with knee up & press, pulse lunge with hammer curls and then that impossible to keep up with weights to the floor cross back to overhead press thingy from Flextrain, that's a goodie. Used my Wii Fit board for the plate because it was handy, but seemed a little high as soon as I started the squats, half squats, however these in particular warm you up for the later barre segment nicely. finish this segment off with diagonal lunges which at one time I would have balked at, not today.

Get your chair for a short barre segment and firewalker band for glute walk & skaters, I will be reaching for the medium band next time, but I did get a nice bum burn going there. Pull out your mat for front thigh work in a camel like pose and abductor lifts on your side, here again I was surprised at getting through these without much protest but appreciated the timely stretch after.

Bonus barre was next, I haven't done Cathe's barre work other than that in Kickmax so these were new to me, and surprising good pulses three ways I think. Then leg lifts, where she say "when you get really good at these...you can keep right on going to the next exercise"...ha, what a kidder. Follow through with crescent leg lift stretch and do everything on the other side, welcome stretch again.

Core banner - Full sit ups with ankle grabbers, and it's right here I feel the DOMS from yesterday's ab work kick in, owwweeee. I make an attempt at most of the exercises and recover somewhat at the end but I could have skipped those and made a better attempt next week. I suspect if you would really get good at these you could hold a weight for the rowing sit up & oblique pull down thingy towards the end, she adds the weight overhead with situp to torso twists and bicycles with pulse to finish. It was enough abs to make me forget how many leg exercises I had done and the time. I only wish she had started the stretch on the floor because I didn't exactly want to jump right up at that point, did my best and was glad she added the stomach stretch in there.

That was the trickiest way to get this girl to do that many lunges, squats, & leg lifts, bravo!

Barre segment

Bonus barre was next, I haven't done Cathe's barre work other than that in Kickmax so these were new to me, and surprising good pulses three ways I think.

Hi 112toGuru,

I suggest you try Cathe's turbo barre and Lower body blast barre segment. Enough said:eek::eek::rolleyes:

Thanks for your review, I now know where to fit in this new workout in my current rotation.

Kind Regards,

Agree w/Nathalie (as always)---the bonus barres in LLB and XT/Legs are superb. I especially love the double-leg section in LLB.

Excellent review! I did this yesterday after trying party step #1 again (having a hard time with that) and I absolutely loved it! Having done "butts and guts" and "lower body blast" I had it in my head that it was going to kill my lower half to the point of no return, epson salt bath and a fair amount of limping. I'm happy to say that I could keep up, felt the burn, broke a sweat and my lower body was pleasantly fatigued! I'm hoping that its a sign that Cathe has made me stronger and I have more endurance too! It's not simple and there were some new moves and I'm soooooo glad that those blasted dixie cups were absent :D. This is a really great lower body workout that moves right along. Keeps you moving and let's you feel the burn. Love, love, love it! Thanks Cathe!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.