It's official......X10 scares me

tlc93

Cathlete
Yup, its true! I got the whole set of wkouts when they came out. I was looking forward to this curious wkout called X10. Being eager to do all the wkouts ASAP I only did segments of X10. But.... I'm one of those people that likes to know and DO all parts of a wkout. I do the premixes that include everything offered. So I did X77....had to stop, breathe, sip water and modify....often. That's the day I drooled...while standing at my kitchen table....(so glad this is anonymous). But I am NOT a quitter and felt the need to tame this beast of a wkout. Feeling somewhat confident this morning I thought I would try X77 again. Silly of me! While I didn't drool (thankfully) I still had to modify, stop, breathe etc... I may have even cried a little. I stared at the tv as if it were a leftover demon from Halloween that I wanted to destroy! The whole time Cathe and crew were smiling at me as they kept moving! Were they mocking me, i wonder? I won't give up. I will conquer this fear and tame this beast! Cathe told me I am a warrior!

Last edited:
I have done it once and only the step and low impact one
I have read everyone saying its harder then tabatacise! Ouch I can only do three tabata now!
So I am afraid to try but I guess I need to get it out again and try to do more segments at least. Umm !
Thank you for that wonderful review lol

Do we really think that Cathe and crew filmed this all at once, non-stop motion all the way through, without a single break?

Pat yourself on the back for a job well done, no matter how much you did, or didn't do and no matter how many mini-breaks you took.

I've been sedentary now for 4 weeks due to work overload, with another 6 weeks of it to go: you are outstripping me!

Clare

TLC93, you are magnificent!

I can do Tabatacise Level Five but I readily admit that any of the lesser X10 premixes (i.e., two segments in one shot) humble me. Actually, just doing the step segment, alone, has me near the "I might hurl" mark.

Cathe had X77 listed the last week of the October Rotation, and as a diligent little soldier, I "attempted" to perform the task. I did X77 once before all the way through, but the 2nd time was soooo much harder!! The problem was that I knew what was coming!! The 1st time I was blissfully ignorant of the challenges that lay ahead. I love a good cardio challenge like Intensity and Tabatacize, BUT this one is off the charts... My nose was running so hard that at times I wasn't sure if the drops were sweat or nose excrement (sorry), and my heart rate was probably in the danger zone! My carpet pad was so wet from sweat that my disks would not slide properly when I had to do the burpee pushups, and anything else that required the disks. This one brought me to my knees, literally!!!

Mary

I'm working my way up to X77. I've done all segments alone and 2 of the double ones. Last night I did X49, which is 3 (step, low imp., & cardio blast). I felt pretty good but tired and a drippy, sweaty mess. Next time, I might just go for X77 and see how far I get. My butt is feeling it today. The step (IMO) is what kills me. My legs are already tired which makes moving on harder. But I am going to try it soon.

I'm so glad to hear that I'm not alone with this one. I'm also happy to know that others have body fluid issues too.....dripping noses, ready to hurl and a few tears (that would be me). I can't tell you how many times I've had to stop to blow my nose! Ridiculous and hysterical. Yes, yes yes....I can still be an animal BUT...Cathe and crew humbled me with X10 for sure;)

Oh, absolutely it's a killer! I tried to do X77 and I made it through the first three sections with lots of pauses to catch my breath before I finally decided to call it a day. I had done Crossfire Extreme with no pauses a couple days before, I think everything just moves so much faster in X10. I still love it, and it's my new goal to conquer it!

Like Mary, I attempted this when it came up in the rotation. My experience was similar to all the other posters with body fluids issues; gasping for breath; sweat dripping in my face and from places I didn't even know could sweat. By the end I was a sopping wet mess. The X10 workouts are deceiving. I went into them mistakenly thinking they couldn't be that bad since they were short workouts. Boy, was I wrong and X77 is the ultimate sweat drenching, heart pounding, gasping for air, bring you to your knees pleading for mercy workout. You gotta love it! :)

This DVD is an absolute favorite of mine. I could only get through two segments, step and LI, my second attempt. But this is why I love it so much in that it will give me a goal to reach for for some time to come. I'm so thankful for this DVD since I'm so very disappointed with the Glutes and Legs DVDs. I'm no pro compared to others but I find these DVDs more for beginners. They are not challenging at all for me and I find myself board. Flex train is ok. It's more of an upper body workout than anything. Not a good balance between upper and legs for me but I still find it a challenge in that its apparent to me that I need to work more on my upper body. XTrain cardio legs is my absolutely favorite leg DVD. I've never experience a routine that gives you an awesome cardio and heavy weight leg workout in one. I go to this DVD quite a bit and I'm never board and always challenge.

As Cathe continues with her creation of DVDs I hope she continue to create workouts with the same intensity as: X10, Cross Fire, To The Max, Athletic Training, Intensity, Circuit Blast, Rockout Knockout, AfterBurn, Tabatacise, and Cardio Legs.

This DVD is an absolute favorite of mine. I could only get through two segments, step and LI, my second attempt. But this is why I love it so much in that it will give me a goal to reach for for some time to come. I'm so thankful for this DVD since I'm so very disappointed with the Glutes and Legs DVDs. I'm no pro compared to others but I find these DVDs more for beginners. They are not challenging at all for me and I find myself board. Flex train is ok. It's more of an upper body workout than anything. Not a good balance between upper and legs for me but I still find it a challenge in that its apparent to me that I need to work more on my upper body. XTrain cardio legs is my absolutely favorite leg DVD. I've never experience a routine that gives you an awesome cardio and heavy weight leg workout in one. I go to this DVD quite a bit and I'm never board and always challenge.

As Cathe continues with her creation of DVDs I hope she continue to create workouts with the same intensity as: X10, Cross Fire, To The Max, Athletic Training, Intensity, Circuit Blast, Rockout Knockout, AfterBurn, Tabatacise, and Cardio Legs.

I'm sorry to hear that you don't care for the 2 lower body workouts. Maybe if you try Flex train followed by Lean legs, you might feel a difference. That's how I'm usually doing them. I also use heavier weights and don't do as much of the compound moves. Instead of a shoulder press after the cross-back lunges, I use a heavier weight and do a pulse deep squat. I always try to find someway to make the workouts work for me. I love Cathe, but I cannot always do what she does, so I modify and make it suite me. I do agree with Cardio Leg Blast, love love love that workout. I finally did 3 segments of X10 together, so my next time I'll try 4 maybe all 5 (X77). Just thinking about it makes me scared, but I will try it soon no matter what.

I'm sorry to hear that you don't care for the 2 lower body workouts. Maybe if you try Flex train followed by Lean legs, you might feel a difference. That's how I'm usually doing them. I also use heavier weights and don't do as much of the compound moves. Instead of a shoulder press after the cross-back lunges, I use a heavier weight and do a pulse deep squat. I always try to find someway to make the workouts work for me. I love Cathe, but I cannot always do what she does, so I modify and make it suite me. I do agree with Cardio Leg Blast, love love love that workout. I finally did 3 segments of X10 together, so my next time I'll try 4 maybe all 5 (X77). Just thinking about it makes me scared, but I will try it soon no matter what.

Hello Firemedic,

Ok I did Legs & Abs again but this time with 10 lbs weights. I don't mind varying a DVD by adding heavier weights or more risers but when I have to substitute more than two routines in a workout with something that works for me then I don't see the point in doing the DVD at all. In addition to using heavier weights I changed the way Cathe did the back lunges with alternating triple pulses and the squats with elevated heals. The back lunges I did without the bicep curls and continued with the triples pulses for each side. The squats with elevated heals I kept the weights down as oppose to on my shoulders. Next time with this particular routine I will use 15 lbs. Both these variations allowed me to focus more on my legs.

Tahitia

And rightly so

I've done 3 segments twice and did 4 a couple of days ago. Yowser. I've got 10 years on Cathe and some modification and breaks in between were definitely needed.

Not sure I'll ever make it through the X77, or won't die trying. All that said, I really like this DVD, it is painfully enjoyable. I know I will pull it out again and again and combine it with segments from my large Cathe collection.

I DID IT!!!!! I DID IT!!!! I FRIGGIN DID IT!!!! After being freaked out by X10 I had to start over and work my way up! This is one exhausting workout! Holy crap! Don't get me wrong, I had to modify here and there, sip water and breath! But I friggin did it!

Honesty disclaimer......I thought I hit the premix to do 4 sections. When the 5th section started I thought " what the f$&@!" But I'm a tad stubborn so I just went with it! Glad (and proud) I did!! :eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.