HiiT - 40/20 video clip

SNM Videos

Administrator
The second video clip we want to show you today is HiiT 40/20.This is just one of three thirty minute workouts featured on this DVD. You'll be doing 16 high intensity intervals in this workout. Each interval is divided into 40 second high energy, plyo reps, followed by a 20 second rest. Three additional one minute breaks are spread throughout the program.

HiiT 40/20 is based on research by Dr. Izumi Tabata and a team of researchers from the National Institute of Fitness and Sports in Tokyo, Japan. Their research study, called the Tabata Protocol, published in the journal Medicine and Science in Sports & Exercise in 1996 concluded that just four minutes of high intensity Tabata interval training did more to increase aerobic and anaerobic capacity than did an hour of steady state cardio exercise. Participants in the study increased their anaerobic capacity by an average of 28% and their VO2max by 14%

Though HiiT 40/20/ is only 29 minutes, it is one of our toughest workouts. So get your game face on, it's time to"Hit it" with Cathe! View Clip | Purchase

I just got done previewing both the travel and hiit and WOW!! I can't wait to get them! I didn't order all the workouts and I'm wondering if it included hiit...I sure hope so because it looks much more fun than what I thought it would be. Cathe, I must say it's so good to get new workouts from you. The last series I purchased was the no-name and 4DS so it's been a long time. This new series is just what I need to keep moving forward with my fitness level! THANK YOU!!

Wow, I am a little afraid of these HiiT ones and I will certainly have to lower my step height but I'll keep up as best I can!!

1.gif

There is no way my joints can take that impact.

I hope that modified high intensity moves are at least suggested before the impact starts.

I'm loving it! I will only be able to do this workout once a week because of the knee killing aspects of the workout because I want to be able to walk in 10 years. Ha! But at age 31 I am going to take this workout on! I like what I see in this clip. Cathe and crew are bad girls for sure!

This one may have to be my Christmas Morning Shock Cardio Inaugural workout (or at least the first 30 minutes of it!). Some of my favorite moves - plie jacks, air jacks, tuck jumps, 180-degree squat jumps, squat-thrust-jumps, and that lovely new combo of jumping up onto the step then jumping off and going into a squat-thrust on the bench . . .

WOO. HOO. As. It. Were.

Cathe, I gotta say - you make being in my late 40's so damned awesome!

A-Jock

what a tough...

CHOICE!!! What to do for the first workout?????? Boy this one looks AWESOME!!! I'm doing Insanity right now mixed in with AHB (just finished STS) but I think I may byebye to Shaun T. for a bit and hang with my girls :D I just hope I can walk after this one...looks tough!
julie

I love having the count downs on the screen - I am sure that will help me to suck it up and keep going. Now if only there was a count down that said 8 more intervals to go, 7 more intervals to go...Cathe'll probably tell us though. I know my brain will be mush and I won't be able to keep count myself ;)

Awesome!!:D

I've been looking into Tabata Training and am so happy that you have included it in these workouts. I have a GymBoss timer coming for Xmas so I can make up my own HIIT workouts as well. Can't wait!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.