Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Cathe's Newest and Upcoming Workouts

Cathe's Newest and Upcoming Workouts This forum contains the latest information and posts about Cathe’s latest and upcoming workouts

Hard Strikes Review

This is a discussion on Hard Strikes Review within the Cathe's Newest and Upcoming Workouts forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Originally Posted by maddiesmum Trixoo: I love the multi-part reviews, they are like mini-narratives with built in suspense and cliff ...

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2012, 04:46 PM
Cathlete
ReneePruitt's Profile Fields

Send a message via Yahoo to ReneePruitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiesmum View Post
Trixoo:

I love the multi-part reviews, they are like mini-narratives with built in suspense and cliff hangers!

Clare
Lol so true! Thank you trixoo, cant wait for more of your writing reviews !
Old 12-28-2012, 05:48 PM
Cathlete

I'm glad you don't mind them. :-) What really makes me nuts is that editing is so hard. Thanks to autocorrect and my failure to hit the "b" "g" "t" and "n" keys there's always some problem with my messages, but sheesh, I do know how to conjugate verbs!

Unless somebody else posts one, I'll be doing Burn Sets Chest, Back and Shoulders tomorrow night and will write a review. Should be challenging, since I spin with my (former military trainer) instructor in the morning...she always wipes me out, but I just can't stop Xtraining....it's awesome and Burn Sets is soooooo up my alley: heavy weighs to failure!
Old 12-28-2012, 06:36 PM
Cathlete

I think you having to do the review in parts... And saying wait a sec for part to ads to the, suspense and cuteness in listening to you! Makes us smile.. At least it does me.
And btw i cant type or spell. Lol
Old 12-28-2012, 10:56 PM
Cathlete
exercise-lover's Profile Fields

Would you please tell us what the impact level is and if you can modify it if it is high impact? Thanks.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:14 PM
Cathlete

Quote:
Originally Posted by exercise-lover View Post
Would you please tell us what the impact level is and if you can modify it if it is high impact? Thanks.
It's mixed impact, and I think you could modify much of it....for example, for the jumping jacks, you could do disc jacks. :-)
Old 12-29-2012, 05:50 AM
Cathlete
mini-natty's Profile Fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixoo View Post
Part 3:

I could give somewhat of a comparison to MMA Boxing since I've done that one plenty of times although not recently. I can't wait to hear what you kickbox/boxing fans think of HS! Please post your reviews!
I will post my review here once I get a "valid" coupon code and start downloading. SNM sent one, but of course with my luck, it did not work .

I like boxing and kickboxing, and I'm super excited to test out HS! Oh heck, I'm super excited to try them all .

In your opinion Pam, do the gloves add significant intensity to the workout? I don't have a pair...yet .
Jenniferlove likes this.
Old 12-29-2012, 06:39 AM
Cathlete

Natasha -

Ugh, sorry to hear you still don't have your workouts yet. :-(

I think you'll still get a great workout workout the gloves. To me the real trick of these types of workouts is really punching with force instead of just throwing the arm out there...the gloves were fun, but not a necessity.

Do you normally use anything when you do Cathe's other boxing or kickboxing workouts? If so, I'd just use that. I have a pair of 1 LB gloves I used to use, but never liked the way they felt...it seemed like the weight moved a fraction of a second "off beat" of my hand. If I didn't have the boxing gloves, though, I'd still use those.

Hope you get a working code soon!
Old 12-29-2012, 07:20 AM
Cathlete
Jazcam's Profile Fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsing around View Post
I found the pink boxing gloves on ebay at $19.97 and free shipping!!!

Lisa

My daughter ordered the same ones for me.

Who ever God raises up no one can push down

Old 12-29-2012, 07:31 AM
Cathlete
mini-natty's Profile Fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixoo View Post
Natasha -

Ugh, sorry to hear you still don't have your workouts yet. :-(

I think you'll still get a great workout workout the gloves. To me the real trick of these types of workouts is really punching with force instead of just throwing the arm out there...the gloves were fun, but not a necessity.

Do you normally use anything when you do Cathe's other boxing or kickboxing workouts? If so, I'd just use that. I have a pair of 1 LB gloves I used to use, but never liked the way they felt...it seemed like the weight moved a fraction of a second "off beat" of my hand. If I didn't have the boxing gloves, though, I'd still use those.

Hope you get a working code soon!
No, I don't like using weighted gloves while boxing/kickboxing. They just don't "feel" right, I can't really explain it. I know once I get those Everlast gloves, my DH will do a and ask me if I'm training to be a boxer or something. Perhaps I could just hold 1lbs sand bags from my ankle weights. I shall see...

It's moments like these that my patience is tested (referring to waiting for my valid code). I believe every now again life throws these "tests" just to keep me on my toes. Luckily for me this time, it's only a matter of workout downloads, and not an emergency (although for a Cathlete is sure does feel that way!). I will have these workouts for a long time, so what's a few more days? I'm scheduled for STS M2 chest, shoulder's and tri's today anyway .

Thanks Pam! Keep those reviews coming!
Jenniferlove likes this.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:09 AM
Cathlete

Natasha
Im so sorry u dont have ur workouts! What a bummer!
I cant feel ur frustration with you.
I love to hear your reviews as well as trixoo. But i also can hear ur excitement in ur posts when u do a new wo. But have not heard that in awhile, so i was hoping to hear ur happiness lol i hope u get them today! Good luck!