firewalker bands?

I love my new Intensity DVD and really want to order the new Lower Body DVD, but I don't have gliding discs or firewalker bands. Does anyone know if Cathe intends on selling those? I saw someone indicate that Dick's Sporting Goods has the bands. Any advice?

The Gliding Discs will not be available until spring. We're currently out of stock om Firewalker bands, but will have them back in stock in a few weeks.

Don't know if they're still in stock, but I bought Cathe's Firewalker Bands from Dick's Sporting Goods online about a week or two ago.

You can still do the lower body DVD with paper plates for the gliding discs and using a regular band and tying it around your ankles like Cathe did in Butts & Gutts for the firewalker bands.

Frisbee!

I second the use of a Frisbee! Works great, seems more stable than a paper plate. Found both the Frisbee and bands at Dicks.

I see that amazon has them so some folks may want to start there.

Let me ask you all something, I see they comes in threes for resistance. Does anyone ever use the other colors? I notice that Cathe always uses medium tension and wouldn't want to buy all three and never use the other 2.

Personal preference maybe?

I purchased my Cathe bands from Dick's Sporting Goods and they came in the 3 pack. I've been using the blue band with Lower Body Blast.

I see that amazon has them so some folks may want to start there.

Let me ask you all something, I see they comes in threes for resistance. Does anyone ever use the other colors? I notice that Cathe always uses medium tension and wouldn't want to buy all three and never use the other 2.

Personal preference maybe?

I have the blue band, but the firewalker loop I currently have I got on line before Cathe had hers for sale, so its a different blue, sort of aqua, but it was labeled heavy tension and its killer. I can barely get through Lower Body with this on, and it nearly makes me laugh its so hard, so right now I would like to have a medium tension. Band work is so surprising to me. I have gym equipment at home where I can work my adductors and abductors with heavy plate weight, yet this band fries me every time.

I love my new Intensity DVD and really want to order the new Lower Body DVD, but I don't have gliding discs or firewalker bands. Does anyone know if Cathe intends on selling those? I saw someone indicate that Dick's Sporting Goods has the bands. Any advice?
I just bought a 3 pack of firewalker bands by Cathe on Amazon for like 11 bucks! I thought it was a STEAL!

I use a frisbee for the disc work and it works great.
Heather

I use the Solo brand plastic dinner plates because I work out on carpet. The paper plates have too much friction. The plastic plates are surprisingly strong. I've been using them for a couple months now and they haven't broken yet!

Over time I've had enough of the longer bands break (usually after a year or so) - you can tie a knot in them to make your own firewalker bands. You can usually get two out of each larger band, depending where it rips :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.