Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Cathe's Newest and Upcoming Workouts

Cathe's Newest and Upcoming Workouts This forum contains the latest information and posts about Cathe’s latest and upcoming workouts

Afterburn: Two Thumbs Up!

This is a discussion on Afterburn: Two Thumbs Up! within the Cathe's Newest and Upcoming Workouts forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; I did the Afterburn Bonus workout (about 75 mins) last night, and I really enjoyed it. For those interested, the ...

Like Tree52Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2011, 03:31 AM
Cathlete

I did the Afterburn Bonus workout (about 75 mins) last night, and I really enjoyed it. For those interested, the Bonus workout is basically 1 1/2 Afterburns! You do the main workout (which repeats each interval twice) plus each interval again once. There are some really interesting moves in this workout -- love those plank drags to staggard push-up!
RetroFit likes this.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:20 AM
Cathlete
lainabaina's Profile Fields

i loved this & knew from the get-go it would be my favorite. it's just perfect, gets the job done but you don't feel defeated. you feel like you worked hard & then you're pumped & energized afterwards...yea!

i think the next one i try will be tri-sets.
RetroFit likes this.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:54 AM
sharihart's Profile Fields

Send a message via AIM to sharihart

Just finished Afterburn...What a great workout!! Who knew you could work so hard without a single air jack or tuck jump! Every bit as tough as Core Cardio Circuit or HIIT 40/20 if you are looking for intervals. I was winded after only the first interval. Very fun workout that I will do again and again...after I try all of the others first, of course!
RetroFit likes this.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:01 AM
Cathlete
measuredoak's Profile Fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathe Friedrich View Post
After Burn builds intervals and intensity gradually but by the end you are a sweat factory.
Boy you weren't kidding about the sweat factory. I had sweat dripping everywhere & by the end I was shaking & really having to push to the end, but I loved it. I can't wait to try the other workouts in this series.
RetroFit likes this.
Old 10-25-2011, 02:26 PM
Cathlete
JennieR's Profile Fields

I'm viewing this workout now. There's no way I'm going to be able to do this workout any time soon. My endurance just isn't there. I don't think it will ever be there. It looks like a great workout though, for those that can get through it.

~Cathe Friedrich~

*♥´¨)
¸ .• ♥ ´¸.•*♥´¨) ¸.♥•*¨)
(¸.•♥´ (¸ ;.♥•Jennie•♥

Smoke free since 2-5-08

RIP: Jeffrey Lee Petrie
10-27-43 to 5-1-2010
Old 10-25-2011, 10:53 PM
Catheite

Default Checking After Burn off the list

I just finished after burn. This is my third workout of the series. It was another great one. Fast moving ...which means you can't sneak out in between moves! Had a good variety of evil and slightly less evil cardio sections to make me feel like I could survive. I got all excited when Cathe chose 5 pounders on the last set but then almost didn't make it through. ( how does she do that?)
I still don't have my gliders so I had to use my furniture slides. They worked fairly well except for the jumping jacks. I could just see me flying backwards and knocking myself out.
There was a couple of times where I was saying evil things about Cathe but then I would get a burst of energy and finish the round. it keeps you motivated.
Not sure which one I will try tomorrow...depends on if I can move!
RetroFit likes this.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:57 AM
Catheite
hiho322's Profile Fields

Did AfterBurn yesterday and my inner thighs were really screaming. Loved the workout. Different, but actually worked parts of my legs I didn't know existed :-O Got up this morning and those same spots are still yelling at me. Good job, Cathe!
RetroFit likes this.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:03 AM
Cathlete

I really enjoyed Afterburn too. Love those gliding disks move! My glutes were sore the next day.
RetroFit likes this.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:30 AM
workout4life's Profile Fields

Default Afterburn

I did cardio supersets yesterday and that was good but I loved Afterburn. Oh my gosh I was dying
RetroFit likes this.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:35 AM
Cathlete
Bobbi-B's Profile Fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennieR View Post
I'm viewing this workout now. There's no way I'm going to be able to do this workout any time soon. My endurance just isn't there. I don't think it will ever be there. It looks like a great workout though, for those that can get through it.
There are premixes that do just half the intervals, if you like the look of this workout but are working on your endurance. The shorter premixes (all around 30 min.) let you do intervals #1-5, or #6-10, or all 10 but just once each (the full-length repeats each interval).
RetroFit likes this.