100 Rep Challenge

wonderwoman

Cathlete
There are no 100 Rep Challenge's for Chest & Back? The four right now are Sh/Bi/Tri/Hip thrust. How often are you guys doing this? Just trying to get some idea's.

There are no 100 Rep Challenge's for Chest & Back? The four right now are Sh/Bi/Tri/Hip thrust. How often are you guys doing this? Just trying to get some idea's.

There are actually 5--scarecrows, which work the rotator cuff. Not sure why that one isn't included on one of the shoulder workouts. Seems like it should be.

I've been adding them to the end of strength workouts. When I did Chest, Back and Shoulders, I did scarecrows. Yesterday when I did Bi's and Tri's I did 100 rep bicep curls and on Friday when I do Legs, I'm doing the hip thrusts. Next week I'll tack on the last two 100 to workouts, too (the tricep one to Burn Sets Bi's and Tri's and the lateral raises to Burn Sets Chest, Back and Shoulders). That's how I plan to do them--I'll do each 100 rep challenge every other week that way.

There are actually 5--scarecrows, which work the rotator cuff. Not sure why that one isn't included on one of the shoulder workouts. Seems like it should be.

I've been adding them to the end of strength workouts. When I did Chest, Back and Shoulders, I did scarecrows. Yesterday when I did Bi's and Tri's I did 100 rep bicep curls and on Friday when I do Legs, I'm doing the hip thrusts. Next week I'll tack on the last two 100 to workouts, too (the tricep one to Burn Sets Bi's and Tri's and the lateral raises to Burn Sets Chest, Back and Shoulders). That's how I plan to do them--I'll do each 100 rep challenge every other week that way.

This is brilliant - thank you so much for laying it out so clearly. I just jumped into the 90 day rotation on Monday of this week without paying any attention to the 100 rep challenges. Some time yesterday I started trying to figure out how I'm going to fit them in, because I certainly don't want to miss out on the benefits! What kept throwing me off was trying to fit every challenge in, every week. I just don't think that's feasible, so the "every other week" idea should be perfect.

The only thing I might tweak is which day I do the hip thrusts. Since I'm following the rotation, the Legs workout will include the whole thing (the bonus barre and the bonus rear delts), which is quite a long workout already - 80 minutes! I might be able to fit the hip thrusts in better on Cardio Leg Blast day, which is shorter.

Glad you're all enjoying the 100 rep challenges. Any way you slice them they are beneficial. You also don't have to do them every week.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.