Video Not Available on this device?

library girl

Cathlete
Please help! I have used my android phone to watch many of Cathe's live streams to my television using Chromecast. However, the last two weeks, the streams start and then stop after a second or two and say "Sorry but this video is unavailable on this device". I can still watch past streams (e.g. cardio and weights) but not Hard Strikes or High Intensity Cardio Step. I have wasted 30 minutes of my workout time trying to get this to work. Last week I gave in and did it on my laptop hoping it was a fluke but now it happened again. Thanks for any help.

Lori

ETA - my laptop does not play well with my Chromecast or I would use it to stream to the big screen.

Last edited:
Android problem

I just tested Hard Strikes on an Android phone and it played it fine. Have you tried clearing the browser cache on your phone?

Hi,

I cleared the cache and cookies and history. I restarted my phone. I have tried it on my husband's phone - although he also has a Moto X if that makes any difference and I cannot get anything after Total Body Weights to play on the phone.

It will start and play the Cathe Live logo and then stops and says content unavailable on this device. I am not sure what else to try.

Thanks.

Lori

I'm having the exact same problem on my tablet which runs on Android. Its just as Lori described. I haven't been able to get the past two weeks of Cathe Live videos to play but the older ones play fine. I've tried all the same fixes mentioned with no luck. :(

Last edited:
Actually, now I can't seem to get any of the Cathe Live videos to play on my tablet, even the older ones. I've tried reinstalling chrome, clearing the cache, everything. They were playing fine on the tablet a few weeks ago!

Android 4.4

We've tested on Kit Kat, so that shouldn't be the issue. Ustream is closed today, but I'll reach out to them to see if they have some ideas after the holiday.

If you can answer the following questions it will help us find a solution:

1. Are you using wireless to view the Cathe Live on your Tablet?
2. Do you have a computer that is "wired" that you can try on instead of the Tablet? I would like to rule out wireless as the issue.
3. What model of a Tablet do you have?
4. Do you have a Cathe Live only subscription or OnDemand? If you have OnDemand will the OnDemand videos play?
6. Do you have any device in your home that will play Cathe Live?
7. Who is your internet provider?

Any kind of information you can get me will be helpful to us in finding a solution. Also, if you're using wireless have you tried rebooting your router? This will quite often solve some DNS issues that could cause your problem

Sure, here goes:

1. Yes, I am using my home wireless on my tablet.
2. I can view all episodes of Cathe Live on my daughter's laptop and my desktop computer which are both connected to the same wireless. No problems there so I don't believe it is the wireless or Internet.
3. Tablet is a Google Nexus 10 (I was able to see the Cathe Live broadcasts on it a few weeks ago, but started getting the "content unavailable - We're sorry, but this video is unavailable on this device" message the week that the Hard Strikes live class went up)
4. I have both Cathe Live and On Demand and I am still able to view the On Demand videos on the tablet with no problem. I cannot get the Cathe Live test videos to play today though.
5. Yes, I was able to get Cathe Live to play on my daughter's laptop this morning with no problems.
6. Internet provider is AT&T DSL.

Thanks so much for your help! :)

1. & 2. I am using wireless to view on my phone and on my laptop and on DH's ipad2. I can access the streaming via the laptop and the ipad, but not the android phone - I am running 4.4.2 on the phone.
3. I am using a Moto X android phone.
4. I only have a Cathe live account.
6. Yes, my old laptop and DH's ipad2 will play any of the streams.
7. We have Charter high-speed internet service.

Again, I can access all the videos from Total Body weight workout and previous. It is only the newer ones that are giving me problems.

My laptop will play all of the streams, but it is old and does not broadcast well to the chromecast. I must use the low bandwidth version when using the laptop and everyone looks like they are part of the witness protection plan because I cannot see faces. It will also stop every so often and I have to go back and restart it.

Thanks for your help with this.

Lori

Video not playing on Android.

Thanks for your help everyone. It may be a few days, but I'll get back to you once I know more. I'm going to need to run this by Ustreams developers to see if they have some ideas on what's wrong.

Ustream Android device problem.

The problem with Cathe Live videos not working on Android devices is a Ustream issue. We've been in contact with their engineers and as of yesterday they thought they could fix this problem fairly quickly, but that remains to be seen. We should either see the problem fixed in a few days or will at least know more by then. We will give you an update as soon as we hear something.

I just tested on my Android phone and this seems to be working now. I only tested the Metabolic Circuit videos though. Let me know if this is now working for you?

Yes, I can get metabolic conditioning now and senior fit, but I cannot get upper body sculpt, high intensity cardio step or hard strikes to play yet. Thanks so much for working on this! I am looking forward to tomorrow's workout.

UStream Still Working on it

I think UStream is still working on it. They have to adjust every video manually and I'm sure it takes time to do.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.