A suggestion

Andelin

I just signed up for the Workout Manager but am disappointed that entries are limited to certain activities. I am an avid road cyclist and like to alternate my rides with Cathe muscle work, and/or cardio on rainy days. In winter I ski (nordic) every other day. I would love to be able to add my cycling and ski workouts, which would allow me to keep track of everything. I have yet to find the right log online for this. You might want to consider adding activities of all sorts, not just gym or Cathe workouts.
Thank you and thank you Cathe for the quality of your DVDs, I love them!

I just signed up for the Workout Manager but am disappointed that entries are limited to certain activities. I am an avid road cyclist and like to alternate my rides with Cathe muscle work, and/or cardio on rainy days. In winter I ski (nordic) every other day. I would love to be able to add my cycling and ski workouts, which would allow me to keep track of everything. I have yet to find the right log online for this. You might want to consider adding activities of all sorts, not just gym or Cathe workouts.
Thank you and thank you Cathe for the quality of your DVDs, I love them!

Not SNM here, just a WM user. Do you know you can click on Workouts and create your own saved entry that you can re-use each time you do that workout? There are weight and crosstrain and cardio workouts I do that aren't listed in the dropdown menu. I just enter all the information in the top portion (description, distance, time, etc.) for the first workout I do of that type. If it requires a specific exercise listing in the bottom and I don't want to go to the trouble of truly replicating the workout by listing all of the exercises (since these are not workouts I created myself from scratch) I just select any exercise and add it. It doesn't make any difference in the upper portion of the information -- it's really just there for your reference. The next time I do that workout, I select the workout from Add Workout in the Calendar and if the details differ (e.g., I burned more calories) then I just adjust those numbers and save it.

If this is elementary to you and you were making a suggestion to specifically add skiing and your other activities to the dropdown under Cardio, then I apologize for elbowing into the thread. Otherwise, I hope it was mostly clear and perhaps helpful.

Wow, that was very helpful to me, Nancy. Has that been there the whole time? This weekend I will play around with it and add some other activities (other DVD's) that I can access later.
This info is great!

I think it is hard to search for info (while using the tools) on this site. Not quite like other software I use with a bit easier to use help files...

Thx again, Nancy for sharing!

Linda, I'm glad it was helpful. I always wonder when I answer someone and they never acknowledge it, whether they saw it or the information was useful (referring to the OP). I don't remember whether that feature has been there from the start, but it's been there for quite awhile.

Linda, I'm glad it was helpful. I always wonder when I answer someone and they never acknowledge it, whether they saw it or the information was useful (referring to the OP). I don't remember whether that feature has been there from the start, but it's been there for quite awhile.

Nancy:
I'll let you know how this works for me(even if I'm not the OP). Originally I was going to to do it this weekend, but, I have to work most of if, and I need to try to download my SC workouts this weekend since we only have until May 17. I hope I don't have trouble with the downloading! But, wanted to tell you I looked briefly at what you described, and I think it will do what I want!

I wonder if the OP found the info useful, too? I don't look at this forum often, but, I think I'll have to, to find tips like this...

I wonder what other cool features are on the WM that I don't know about?!?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.