Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Nutrition Forums > Diet and Nutrition

Diet and Nutrition General discussion about diet, weight loss, nutrition and healthy eating.

How much water is too much water?

This is a discussion on How much water is too much water? within the Diet and Nutrition forums, part of the Nutrition Forums category;; I have recently been keeping track of the amount of water I drink and I worked out that I usually ...

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2010, 06:50 PM
amyleew's Profile Fields

Default How much water is too much water?

I have recently been keeping track of the amount of water I drink and I worked out that I usually around 4 to 5 liters per day.

Is it possible to drink too much water?

I live in a tropical climate but work in air-conditioning so it isn't because of the heat. I do a Cathe step workout 3 to 4 times per week but that is about it for exercise. I asked my doctor and my blood sugar levels are fine so he said to drink whatever I like but I have increased an extra liter since then. I've been on a Weight Watchers diet for a few months now and it is going fantastic... the only healthy eating plan that has ever worked for me but my friend said that if you drink too much water your stomach can stretch and if you don't drink enough after that you start to feel hungry. Does this sound true or just another diet rumor?
Old 01-12-2010, 01:30 PM
Cathlete

Are you actually thirsty or are you drinking the water just for the sake of getting enough? It is possible to overhydrate if your body doesn't need all the fluids that you take in and it can make your sodium levels drop. Have you ever tried weighing yourself before and shortly after a couple liters of water?

Does the water ever make you feel nauseous or dizzy?

Last edited by AYLE09; 03-31-2012 at 10:41 AM..
Old 01-12-2010, 04:06 PM
amyleew's Profile Fields

I don't think I am drinking it because I am thirsty. Just out of habit and because it takes my mind off eating junk food in between meals.

I don't ever feel dizzy or nauseous but if I don't drink more than two liters a day I get a really bad headache.

I will try weighing myself throughout the day today. I got a set of scales for Christmas that say body water, muscle and stuff but I don't know how accurate they are. Not very I guess but it might give an idea. I just woke up so it is morning here and my body water is 51% before I have had anything to eat or drink.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:45 AM

My massage therapist told me to drink at least 3 liters per day because I workout 5x per week doing high intensity workouts.

All Cathe workouts are considered high intensity and so I make a point of drinking 3 liters regardless of whether I am thirsty or not. But like you, I do end up drinking 8x650 ml of water on most days (which is my workout days) and most of it is consumed during and after my workouts.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:49 PM
lynnb's Profile Fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYLE09
Are you actually thirsty or are you drinking the water just for the sake of getting enough? It is possible to overhydrate if your body doesn't need all the fluids that you take in and it can make your sodium levels drop. Have you ever tried weighing yourself before and shortly after a couple liters of water?

Does the water ever make you feel nauseous or dizzy?
So weird I thought it was just me on the feeling of nausea when I drink to much water
Old 07-16-2012, 10:43 AM
Cathlete
mackenzie's Profile Fields

There is a pregnant woman in the office where I work and she says the doctor tells her she MUST drink AT LEAST 1.5 GALLONS of water a day! She practically lives in the bathroom. Every 15 minutes. (I know this because my office is near the bathroom.)

Now my question is this.....does she really need 1.5 gallons of water a day? I realize being pregnant changes things, but really. That much water?
Old 07-29-2012, 06:05 AM

Yes mackenzie, it's more important that she drinks that much since she is bearing a child. It's more important to drink that much especially in her case because the fetus needs more water to get more oxygen inside the womb.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackenzie View Post
There is a pregnant woman in the office where I work and she says the doctor tells her she MUST drink AT LEAST 1.5 GALLONS of water a day! She practically lives in the bathroom. Every 15 minutes. (I know this because my office is near the bathroom.)

Now my question is this.....does she really need 1.5 gallons of water a day? I realize being pregnant changes things, but really. That much water?
That is too much. Remember everything in moderation
mackenzie likes this.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:16 AM
Cathlete
mackenzie's Profile Fields

Smile

She is on maternity leave now which means the rest of us have access to the bathroom!!!
Beth-B-Fit likes this.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:08 PM

Default How much water is too much water?

Hello amyleew, You said well. I agree with you. thanks four information.