bread

kariev

Cathlete
what are you ladies take on eating bread? do you skip it or do you eat it? i have a sandwich everyday but i'm wondering if i should elliminate the bread. i eat the light style pepridgefarm low carb bread.

I eat bread. I really like the Weight Watchers Deli Rye bread...or at least I did until they started making it differently and the pieces are a lot thinner. I don't know what that's about.

It's really an individual choice. You could always switch it up and try low carb tortillas. They have a lot of fiber. Also if you're going to eat bread, make sure you're eating the highest fiber whole wheat kind.

I prefer sprouted grain breads -- the sprouted grains are easier to digest and have more protein. Ezekiel breads are consistently delicious and high quality. They are committed to wholesome, organic products -- many of their breads are gluten-free -- they are made with sprouted grains rather than flour -- this preserves the enzymes and nutrients some people need to be able to digest wheat.

Check out their cute website with information and e-coupons.

More info on whole grains here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whole_grain

Also another great bread is called "Summer Bread" and it is yeast free. We need to watch how much yeast we get in our bodies because our colons can end up with an overgrowth of yeast, which can lead to bloating, gas, heartburn, constipation, fatigue, bad breath and so forth.

I don't eat bread anymore - once in a blue moon- it's high in calories, and you don't get much out of it nutrient wise. I like my carbs to be wet - fruits and veggies, except that I'm a huge fan of oatmeal.

I eat a little bread, though not every day. I'm currently buying a Honey Flax bread from the grocery store, but I'd rather have a great recipe and make my own.

I think I'll check out Ezekiel at my Trader Joe's.

I eat bread, not every day, and I only eat Ezekiel bread. I love the cinnamon raisin english muffin type - really yummy.

I don't eat bread often because I prefer other forms of starchy carbs - sweet potatos, brown rice -- but I do like to have bread every now and again, :)

I eat bread, not every day, and I only eat Ezekiel bread. I love the cinnamon raisin english muffin type - really yummy.

I don't eat bread often because I prefer other forms of starchy carbs - sweet potatos, brown rice -- but I do like to have bread every now and again, :)

I keep hearing I should be eating Ezekiel bread. Where do you get it?

You can get it at Whole Foods or health food stores. I like wraps too, they make super high fiber/low carb ones now that taste great.

Yep, I get my Ez bread at Whole Foods. It's sold frozen there.

I was having a girlfriend of mine on the east coast send me Joseph's Lavash Bread -- soooooo good -- but now there are these Flat Out Whole Grain Wraps that I can get at Costco. They aren't as tasty as Josephs but they are good.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.