Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Nutrition Forums > Diet and Nutrition

Diet and Nutrition General discussion about diet, weight loss, nutrition and healthy eating.

Apples-Sugar

This is a discussion on Apples-Sugar within the Diet and Nutrition forums, part of the Nutrition Forums category;; Originally Posted by Peer Tree Last year I visited a dietician to help with weight loss. She told me that ...

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2010, 11:24 AM
Cathlete
MidgetDogg's Profile Fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peer Tree View Post
Last year I visited a dietician to help with weight loss.

She told me that my daily intake of 6 -10 pieces of fruit plus 1 or 2 fruit smoothies was not as healthy as I thought and, in fact, my (fruit) sugar intake was the equivilent of 2 liter bottles of coca cola!!

I always thought "well, fruit is healthy so more fruit is even healthier". Not true after all......a real eye opener!
Yeah, I think that the guidelines for 5+ servings of fruits & veggies a day is supposed to go heavier on the veggies. Figures, right?

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life. It goes on."
Robert Frost
Old 12-24-2010, 07:06 AM

yes natural sugar is best than artifical sugar you eat it but not eat much because excess of every thing is bad.

minnesota health coverage

Last edited by Lloyd; 12-25-2010 at 05:47 AM..
Old 01-16-2011, 01:24 PM

apple sugar is a best alternative of artificial sugar. and healthy than it . i suggest to use it.

Last edited by Xzavier; 04-10-2011 at 03:14 AM..
Old 01-27-2011, 05:06 AM

I am a diabetic and use Xylitol which is a plant-based sweetener that I put in my coffee.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:24 AM

Default DIABETES AND ORAL HEALTH

Most of the diabetic patients are so susceptible to oral infections that caused by millions of microbes that live in mouth naturally. But with increasing of blood sugar these natural microbes turn into dangerous and fatal micro organism. The disease make Xerostomia (lacking of salivary secretion and dryness of the mouth) and gingivitis more. Also the lack of secretion boosts decays and dental plaques.
Old 03-30-2011, 02:56 PM
Cathlete
RapidBreath's Profile Fields

Since you are only eating 1/2 I would think it would be ok as a post workout glycogen recovery food. I sometimes have 1/2 an apple with some cheese or peanut butter.

Alisha
Old 06-18-2011, 07:03 PM
Cathlete
CeciFifi's Profile Fields

this is what I know - which is limited.

Apples are known as 'nature's broom'. Eating fruit (try melons) in the morning on an empty stomach will provide evidence of that. tee hee. That said, i have read that in the hierarchy of foods, fruit is #1. Also, I have read that it's best to eat most of your fruit in the morning and to lower your carb intake dramatically come the afternoon/evg (including carrots, sweet potatoes, beets etc eat earlier in the day as often as possible..). for your final meal of the day you might consider protein only + salad - that's what I tend to do.

One last thing: we have a vitamixer. each morning after a workout i get my dh to make a shake. i prefer spinach, banana, carrot and apple + ice and water - he prefers frozen berries, banana and orange + almond milk and ice - when i have too many of his - i notice a little tightening of clothes! but not with mine which is less fruit and calories.
Old 06-19-2011, 09:30 AM
Cathlete
Nanbo's Profile Fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lastchance09 View Post
I think people focus on the wrong thing when it comes to sugar. Its really not about where it comes from but what happens once it enters your body. Your body breaks it all down to glucose no matter where it comes from and too much, again no matter where it comes from, is not good.

sugar is sugar is sugar.

16 grams? ACK!
Sugars are processed differently by the body. Just as there are good fats and bad fats, there are good sugars and bad sugars. A few pieces of fruit should not derail your health. The fiber actually helps neutralize some of the damage that the fructose is infllicting.

STS 3.5 Month Graduate! July 23, 2012
Old 06-20-2011, 12:39 PM
DeCathelete

I am on Weight Watchers. I have increased my fruit intake dramatically (I eat 3-5 pieces a day on average) and have lost weight doing so w/o any noted negative side affects.

Just my personal experience...I couldn't be happier.

Wendy

Last edited by Fit_mommy; 06-20-2011 at 12:41 PM..
Old 11-28-2012, 10:48 AM
Cathlete
ReneePruitt's Profile Fields

Send a message via Yahoo to ReneePruitt

Hum I think to many conflictions are out about what to eat. I tjink fruit and veggies is all good for u. If eatten in a natural form the way God packaged it, no problems.
This is how I lost weight. And only after I started experimenting with high protein no carbs I started gaining weight. So for me its fruits veggies and good carbs. Beans and any types of legumes really.