Spicy Pasta w/ Chicken Sausage

chefkate

Cathlete
Spicy Pasta w/ Chicken Sausage

1 pkg chicken sausage (mine was the green/red pepper kind)
1 onion, chopped fine
2-3 garlic cloves, minced (I used 3...we love garlic)
1.5 c. low sodium chicken broth
1 - 10oz can RoTel tomatoes (YUM!)
6 oz. whole wheat pasta
salt & pepper
2 scallions, sliced thin

Cook chicken and onion in large skillet (I use cast iron) over medium-hi heat until lightly browned, about 8 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.

Stir in broth, tomatoes, pasta, 1/3 tsp. salt, and 1/3 tsp. pepper. Bring to a boil. Cover pan and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, stirring frequently, until pasta is tender, about 15 minutes.

Off heat, sprinkle w/ scallions. Serve

-

So good ladies! DH was all "chicken sausage, ew!" .... like he is every time I make it. But he saw this and listened to all the moans & groans I was making while eating it. He tried it and ended up eating a lot of it! He even took some for lunch today....and he is the take-out king! We have a winner! Would be good w/ some lf mozzarella cheese stirred in too...

Wow, this was spicy!!! :) I may try a half a can of Rotel/half a can of tomatoes next time to bring it down a little. I also used a garlic and herb chicken sausage which might have added some extra kick, lol!

Thanks for the recipe, it's very good. :)

Kathy G

Sounds delish! I need something different to cook! Looks really simple too!

Do you happen to know the nutritional information on it? if not, no problem...i can figure it out!

Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.